How should I produce this news segment?

I've been wanting to make a video production that resembles an expose style investigative news segment on an establishment in my neighborhood, but don't know how I should go about doing so. The elements I believe i'll need are interviews from people being newly informed about the issue at hand, a narration of the segment with a script for someone to read, b-roll footage of the neighborhood and the establishment, and other graphics and images to support any statements made if or when necessary. How should I go about producing it? How long should it take to bring it from pre-production to post-production? When should I know before getting into it all? Has anyone produced anything similar before? If so, what was your experience like?

I want for the final work to be 4-5 minutes long in length.

Purpose: News, Current Affair TV show, Youtube etc.

What you're doing it for will depend on the production standards you need to meet. Once you know those, you can talk to the appropriate department heads to find out what you need to accomplish that.

Whichever way you go, ensure you keep a budget for legal and insurances. These kinds of things can find a way into the courts.

The time it takes from pre through post depend on your infrastructure and what you need. It can range from hours, a single day to weeks, perhaps months, depending on the complexity of the issue and the abilities of your team.

Purpose: News, Current Affair TV show, Youtube etc.

What you're doing it for will depend on the production standards you need to meet. Once you know those, you can talk to the appropriate department heads to find out what you need to accomplish that.

Whichever way you go, ensure you keep a budget for legal and insurances. These kinds of things can find a way into the courts.

The time it takes from pre through post depend on your infrastructure and what you need. It can range from hours, a single day to weeks, perhaps months, depending on the complexity of the issue and the abilities of your team.

News purpose.

Back