Movie "unfriended"

Jesus, 15 million profit from 1 million investment
I need to swallow my pride and learn to love horror.

To be perfectly honest, I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Every horror site has given it a good review, normally stating that they were "pleasantly surprised".

Perhaps this one is onlu for the horror fans.

MHat,
if you're gonna see any new horror movie, check out "it follows" unfriended=weak acting. horrible plot. and the entire thing is done on a computer screen. weak. who the hell green lights this stuff?

I don't know if the whole thing done on a computer screen is necessarily bad. I like Fail-Safe (1964), even though most of the suspense is done over phones in that movie.

However, everytime someone says a horror movie is really good, I always find it to be nothing more than decent, to horrible. The last really good one I saw was The Skin I Live In (if that counts), and The Descent. But it's really hard for horror filmmakers to put out a product that good, in my opinion. I was disappointed in It Follows as well, but at least it was okay/decent, as oppose to horrible. It's just not the masterpiece people are making it out to be.

...check out "it follows"...

I saw 'It Follows' on release day. I was very excited for it, due to all the rave reviews it had been getting. In the end, I felt that it wasn't very good. It had it's moments; the John Carpenter-esqe stalking (along with the awesome soundtrack to go with it) was excellent. At the end of the day, I felt that very little happened throughout, the antagonist posed no threat what-so-ever, and the characters, although more 'likable' than your average horror film teen, were still your typical dumb teens (
I mean, that whole bit at the end with the swimming pool; where did that even come from? Why did they think that might work? Did they think "It" might get athletes foot and die? And more to the point, why did the writer/director think it would be a good idea to waste 15 minutes of the film setting up something so stupid, that would offer no pay-off, not even in the slightest?
).

Phew! Rant over...

In fairness, as I've said on here before, I know I'm in the minority who didn't enjoy it, so I'll be checking it out again on DVD, to see if I missed something.

If 'Unfriended' it just a straight horror, with a few scares and no pretense that it's something more than it actually is (which is the impression I'm getting), I may well enjoy it. We don't get it here in the UK until next week, but I'll probably see it opening night, so I'll let you know what I thought then. In the meantime, I've got 'Age Of Ultron' to tide me over tonight.

lol dude wiki says the budget was 1 Mil. How? i don't understand

Firstly, reported film budgets are often not actual amounts spent.. Second, it's likely the majority of that went into advertising, and obviously there was a bunch of post work to be paid for.

guys I just saw the movie un friended.........Horrible. just bad. do. NOT WATCH IT lmao.

Some of you guys are too funny. I'm so glad there's a decent amount of opposition in here against the movie "Unfriended". For whatever reason when I first saw a trailer for it, I thought it was a bad concept, looked cheesy, and for it's intended audience seemed a little "too" faux-youth culture. The filming style of it was also a bit distasteful in my opinion, as sometimes going the micro-budget/found footage/whatever style they've invented with that "Realizism"/"Voyeuristic" experience can be a dud --and it seems to be in this situation. If it's bad to hope for a feature film to not do well, then I'm guilty of wanting for it not to do well.

The trailer didn't excite me, and I kept thinking of how so many seemingly awful feature films get released while I'm unable to get any of my ideas out into the universe yet --I'm hoping to become a successful filmmaker in the future along with other career endeavors i'm interested in. They also turn a profit at times, which is unbelievable. I read that the movie was commented on as being "surprisingly good"/"surprisingly interesting" from people who viewed it a while back at film festivals or something, but thought it couldn't be so out of wanting to go with my gut instinct.

I've watched a few online "sneak peaks" of scenes in the movie, and they've seemed terrible.

Back