5 Needed Essentials For DIY Filmmaking

Hey guys,

Over the years I've found these pieces of equipment/tools much-needed essentials to have on set, and for first timers they are often overlooked when acquiring all of your equipment in pre-production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYyTb9mx2HE

A bag of plastic clamps from B & Q. They cost about 7 quid.

Clapper board. Clapper Board. 14 quid off amazon. Just finished a shoot and it was the first time I ever used one. I will never shoot again without one.

Highlighter is a very good shout.

Tin foil for blacking out windows. Simply wet the window and the tin foil sticks itself up.

I'm sure others will pop to mind.

Really nice looking tutorial – the bits you've shot specifically look great, and are nicely cut in with the BTS footage.

Don't have much to contribute in terms of your choices, they were all sensible and, although there are lots of others, pretty good DIY shouts.

I enjoyed the video but have one question.

If the tape measure and blade never left your pocket, how did you manage to use them or find them helpful from within that pocket :P

Really nice looking tutorial – the bits you've shot specifically look great, and are nicely cut in with the BTS footage.

Don't have much to contribute in terms of your choices, they were all sensible and, although there are lots of others, pretty good DIY shouts.

Thanks, Nick, I find it quite rare for someone to just post a positive comment. I greatly appreciate it.

Back