Buying used electronic gimbals (Movi M5)

Dear IndieTalk,

I'm strongly considering buying a used Movi M5 gimbal due to economical reasons. I honestly prefer to buy most of my stuff used if I feel it's relatively safe to do so.

I'm buying M5 + Flightcase + 2x battery + mounting accessorie for screen/recorder + 7" android tablet (for the app) for 2000 USD. Total cost for all of this (new) would be around 2850 USD.

The M5 is from spring 2015 and has been used on about 15 different productions of 1-2 days length. I'm buying it off a smaller production company. They claim its quality is still as good as new.

Should I be worried about buying an electronic gimbal like this in a used state? Excuse myself if this question and post is completely silly, but I would much rather ask once too much than make a dumb investment because I was too lazy to not ask on IndieTalk.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Usually if it's of good quality and in good condition - and I can justify the purchase financially - I generally don't have a problem buying used.

That being said, if buying new is only going to cost you an extra $850, I would go for new. This will give you new warranties as well, so you're covered if anything goes wrong.

IMO, for the sake of $850, it's not worth buying used in this case, especially as that $850 can easily be made up from one job.

Back