• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My horror movie idea (Yah! I know I have to write but I need critique first.)

Yah! Write, write and write! But how can I write if the story already exists or is just dumb? So, I wanna tell you the rough story of my horror film idea:
Luna, a vampire, and her best friend (the Warlock is her best friend) and Warlock Raymond are asked by Remus, a werewolf, a rebel and ex-slave to help to free his wife and his kids/puppies from the vampire king Ambrose.

Is this idea good? Is it bad? Is it cheesy? Your opinion into this thread.

P.S.: Besides this, I write a drama series at the moment.

Last edited:
@micster If this would be so easy ... I don’t wanna be a copycat. I think this feeling blocks my writing.

Because no one has ever written a movie similar to another before? Lets be honest, 95% of scripts written never get produced. So who cares if you write something that could - somewhere, once - be similar to another film. The important thing about writing for you now is to practice and hone your skills.

@indietalk I find the critique of ideas important. Because there are so many movies, which are written, where the author didn’t it with love. Or he copied it because of money, success and the stupidity of other people.

Unable to escape being captured, a princess drops a message in a bottle to ask a wizard to help her dad.
A farm boy finds the message and goes to the wizard. Together with a smuggler they travel to deliver the message to the princess's father, only to find his castle destroyed and surrounded by the enemy's basecamp.

Does it sound bad? Or cheesy?

It depends on what you do with this idea.
What I wrote is in essense Star Wars: A New Hope. But what I wrote says little about the motivation of the characters. And that is one the things that will make a movie good or bad.

But it could be a totally different movie as well.

Your writing will make it good or bad or cheesy.
'2 Friends getting asked for help' is not very special, but that is not a problem: The Blues Brothers is still a fun movie AND it is still different from Sherlock Holmes movies (2 friennds getting asked for help as well).

Your idea can be an original story.
It depends on you.

@indietalk I find the critique of ideas important. Because there are so many movies, which are written, where the author didn’t it with love. Or he copied it because of money, success and the stupidity of other people.

So, go write what you love and don't worry about money.
(Don't let others tell you what you should love.)

Problem solved.

Start writing.

Right. The same questions as before when told to write. You are still stalling and coming back here acting like this is a new development.

Future: you say you want us to critique your idea.
But is basically just a outline of an idea, more like a setup.
There is not much or even nothing to critique yet.

So, you either hope we will tell you what should happen by filling it in: that is not critiquing, but writing.
Or you are just so afraid to waste time on something that is not perfect, you rather waste your time not writing anything at all and thus you will never write anything perfect for sure.
And then one day, when you are old, you sigh and tell your grandchildren that you have all these amazing ideas, but not enough time on earth anymore to write them down.
Because you rather wasted your time with stalling than with writing.

So, if you want a story critiqued, you need to write it first.

Yah! Write, write and write! But how can I write if the story already exists or is just dumb? So, I wanna tell you the rough story of my horror film idea:
Luna, a vampire, and her best friend (the Warlock is her best friend) and Warlock Raymond are asked by Remus, a werewolf, a rebel and ex-slave to help to free his wife and his kids/puppies from the vampire king Ambrose.

Is this idea good? Is it bad? Is it cheesy? Your opinion into this thread.
In my opinion this is a bad and cheesy idea.

Don't write it.

Personally I enjoyed Vampire Academy.
It was like harry potter but with kung fu vampires.

But while based off a best selling book, the 2014 film was a failure both critically and financially.

In my opinion, if you have to ask, then there is no passion. It's like asking "is this song good?" If you have the passion you don't ask. You just do.

______, ____ _________ ___ _ ____________ _ _______; ___________ __ __ ___________! __ __'_ ___ ___________ ___ __ ______ __________ _________? ____ ___, ___ _____ __ _______ __ __ ________ ____________ _____ - _________ __ ______ __ _________.

____ ____, ______ __ _ __________ ___ ____________ __ __ ________ (_____ ____, ___) ___ ________ _____ ____ __ _ ______ ____________.

4298703742_f53f8352181.jpg

head_bang_by_naries-d4c2e9e.gif

Back