Sundance lab

I've heard in one of Quentin Tarantino's interviews that he submitted the script for reservoir dogs into sundance lab and he got accepted into the directing program. And because of this program he learned a ton about directing and producing. I am searching the sundance website right now and I found this page where they say they offer different grants via a "Development Track" application which both americans and internationals can fill and send to the institute and if their script gets accepted, they get granted different learning opportunities like screenwriting lab, film two initiative,.... But it also says "There is no open application for the Directors Lab, which is typically populated by projects that have been supported through a previous development program.)" what does this mean?

Since this website is huge I can't still find how to get into the director's lab program.

Does anyone here know how to get this grant?( the director's lab program)

Last edited:
Below is the explanation for the director's lab eligibility but it's vague in a sense that it doesn't vividly explain how you can get this grant :

Eligibility:
There is no open application available for the Directors Lab, which is typically populated by projects that have already been supported via a prior Institute program such as a Screenwriters Lab, intensive, or grant. The Directors Lab supports first-time fiction feature directors; application to the development track is the best way to put your project into the pipeline of eventual consideration for the Directors Lab.

Back