Sony Vegas 10 issue

I shot a video on a Canon 7d and when trying to edit said video in Sony Vegas 10 I can't get the preview window of the video to match the projects quality which is making editing this video impossible, ever time I change it to Best(full) it switches bacc to half the quality, how do I fix this?

I shot a video on a Canon 7d and when trying to edit said video in Sony Vegas 10 I can't get the preview window of the video to match the projects quality which is making editing this video impossible, ever time I change it to Best(full) it switches bacc to half the quality, how do I fix this?

I bet this is the problem and I'm sure others will chime in. The codec that the 7d presents to your NLE is rather difficult to edit especially with Vegas which is a CPU hog.

It sounds like you need to purchase (I know, that sucks) a product called Cineform NeoScene which will convert the file from the 7d to an AVI file which is much easier to edit on your computer. In addition, it will also make it more receptive to color correction and effects application. This should free up your preview window a bunch.

I'm curious as to what the others think.

A buddy of mine has the Vegas 10, and had big issues with the footage from a 5D.

I ran all his footage through Adobe Media Encoder (comes with my Adobe suite), and converted it all to HD-sized mpg2 files which runs a lot more smoothly.

NeoScene is apparently one of the better conversion tools, though. I don't have it to speak from experience, however.

Hmm...I don't want to steer you wrong, so let me withdraw my submission. I will take points for trying, though (I think it will have something to do with what I mentioned).

Am I covered in every way? lol

Will someone invent Alcove Video, please?

Back