Okay, I can't keep it in any longer.

Actors are probably approached all the time, they may find it refreshing to get to talk about film and filmmaking without feeling there's an agenda behind the conversation.

(obligatory Douglas Adams quote)
"Ford, there's an infinite number of monkeys out here wanting to talk to you about this script for Hamlet they've worked out"

Steven Spielberg always seems like a nice man. This reenforces my mantra 'If you can't be a great director, be a dick.'

In similar news, I sat opposite Eddie Redmayne on the Tube yesterday. I said nothing. He was reading a screenplay.

Well I am a believer of the "never meet your heroes" policy, but hey, if people that worked with him said he's cool, he probably is.

I'm guessing that you're speaking of is J*seph G*rd*n-L*vvit?.. the actor staying at the hotel (the Jefferson?)

I'm the same way man, I could really care less to meet an actor than to meet a director any day.

Last edited:
Wow, nice cast on that one. I like Jared Harris as Ulysses S. Grant. And Day-Lewis as Lincoln seems like a great choice.

Thanx 4 sharing. I have worked in the food & bar biz a while myself. It is standard MO in the service industry to treat the staff like shit. I have never seen such unprofessional people in my life yet that is the preferred management style in the "hospitality" business.

Not necessarily true. I've been doing this for 10 out of the last 15 years, and most of my managers have been kind people that I can identify with. My current boss is really nice to us, cares about our success, and I've personally only had a few bosses, over my entire career, that were A-holes.

I'm guessing that you're speaking of is J*seph G*rd*n-L*vvit?.. the actor staying at the hotel (the Jefferson?)

I'm the same way man, I could really care less to meet an actor than to meet a director any day.

Haha. Good guess, but no. By the way, I like the way you creatively hide the name. I don't mind sharing names with you guys -- I just don't want a google search to lead to this thread. So, I'll follow protocol and disguise the names.

J---ph G---don Le---t has only stopped in the bar once, and it was just for a quick drink (he likes good beer, and is very friendly). The actor who has been in quite often, mostly for lunch, is this guy. The younger members of this forum probably wouldn't recognize his name, but I'm sure you know his face, and all of the older members of this forum know who he is. Anyway, he's also really nice, and he is the one who reported how awesome it is to work with Spielberg.

By the way, I'm not at all saying that I don't care about talking with these guys. On the contrary, on the rare opportunity that I've had to actually engage in real conversation with the actors (only twice), I've really enjoyed it (usually, I've been too busy).

Last edited:
Perhaps use the premiere section for this, CF.

I dont mean to take the conversation away from ppl but just dont want CF to get fired over this.

Awesome then.

I always admire ppl who help out the indie community. L----t is one them. And H-----k has had an impressive resume. Must've been cool to meet them both.

Back