• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Rare films showing Chicago 3/28

Please come to the BRIDGE Magazine 2-Year Anniversary Gala!

When: Friday, March 28;
doors open at 9 p.m., screening starts at 10.
Where: Brew & View ® at the beautiful Vic Theatre,
3145 N. Sheffield, steps from the Belmont El

Tickets: $15, Includes:
- Admission to the event
- Copy of 240 page BRIDGE v2n2
- Copy of BRIDGE DVD
- Two Brothers Brewery beer specials
- Complimentary chocolate mousse and raspberry birthday cake provided by Alliance Bakery
- Free popcorn!
The screening will feature an array of experimental films from visual artists and filmmakers, most of which are exclusive to the BRIDGE DVD; many will likely never again be presented on the big screen.

NON-DVD FILMS TO BE SCREENED:

Van McElwee, Heliogos (1977)
Russ Forster, Springtime For Eva (1977)
Club Florida, Suntanning (2001)
Matt Smith, The Provider (2002)
Bryan Boyce, State of the Union(2001)
Miranda July, Getting Stronger Every Day (2001)
Jennet Thomas, 4 Ways he Tried to Tell You (1999)
Hermine Freed, Show and Tell (1974)
Elisabeth Subin, Well, Well, Well (2002)

TO BE SCREENED FROM THE DVD:
David Cronenberg, Camera
Michelle Beck and Jorge Calvo, 440 Hz. (2001)
Harrell Fletcher, Elizabeth Meyer, David Jarvey, Chris Johanson, Alexis Van
Hurkman,
The Forbidden Zone (2002)
Kirsten Stoltman, I Spill My Guts Every Day For Nothing (2002)
Jim Trainor, The Bats (1998)
Eric Fensler, G.I. Joe PSAs (2002)
Gabriel Fowler, I Asked My Mother To Destroy My Electric Guitar (1998)
Tom Palazzolo, Love It Or Leave It (1972-1973)
Chuck Jones, Chubba Chubba (excerpt) (1998)
Scott Roberts, My Favorite Character Is A Wizard (1998)
Wendy Jo Carlton, Coney Island
Sterling Ruby, Hiker (2002)
Miranda July, I Started Out With Nothing And Still Have Most Of It Left (2003)
Van McElwee, Waveform Modulation (1998)
Patrick Van Slee, Matt Gossage, The Hideous Secrets of Hock Streedlefork (2002)
Emily Vey Duke and Cooper Battersby, The Fine Arts (2002)
Masahiro Sugano, Fog In A Can (Kinen-no Joki) (1999)
Alex Roper, Revolutions Per Minute (2001)

NEWLY ADDED: “WHEEL OF FORTUNE” ART RAFFLE!

Reserve your admission in advance using our secure online ordering facility
at www.bridgemagazine.org and RECEIVE TWO ART RAFFLE TICKETS FREE. Tickets
will be available at the show for $5/each throughout the show; the raffle
will be held at the end of the evening--participants must be present to
accept their prize. NOTE: tickets sold after Tuesday at 5pm will be
available will-call; tickets sold before Tuesday at 5pm will be mailed.

Win work by the following artists:

Laura Mosquera
Sharon Shapiro
Gabert Farrar
Tom Burtonwood + Holly Holmes
Marc LeBlanc
Heather Mekkelson
Meg Duguid
Ben Foch
Chuck Jones
Maire Kennedy
Scott Roberts
Julia Marsh
Art Shay
Peregrine Honig
Sterling Ruby
And others!

To reserve tickets quickly and securely, please visit www.bridgemagazine.org and click on the "Vic" ad in the left-hand column. You will be transfered to the Bridge online ordering facility, where you may order tickets using a Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover card.

P.S. Subscribers & contributors get in to the party for just $5!

------------------------------------------

The second anniversary issue of BRIDGE (v2#2) is scheduled for release in late March, and will include previously unpublished writing by Alex Shakar, Diane Williams, Said Shirazi, Rick Moody, Barry Gifford, Deborah Shapiro, Rikki Ducornet, Eduardo Kac, Richard Rorty, Ron Padgett, Greil Marcus, Robyn Ewing, Rose Gowen, Adam Novy, John Beer, and many others; in keeping with an overall focus on “new media”, this number will also include special sections on heavy metal, David Lynch, and Gus van Sant, as well as a full-length DVD containing exclusive short films by David Cronenberg, Michele Beck and Jorge Calvo, Chris Johanson, Alexis Van Hurkman, Kirsten Stoltman, Jim Trainor, Gabriel Fowler, Tom Palazzolo, Chuck Jones, Sterling Ruby, Miranda July, Masahiro Sugano, and many others; plus miscellaneous goodies including the third release of Patrick Welch’s “Childhood Terrors” trading cards. As with the last “new media” issue (sold out, and currently fetching up to $150), the cover price of v2#2 will be $20, meaning that the three issue individual subscription rate of $30 remains a bargain (and the six issue rate of $45, even more so!) Plus, while supplies last, new subscribers will receive a bonus issue, BRIDGE v1#2, containing original work by Aimee Bender, Michael Martone, Paul Hoover, Paul Maliszewski, Mary Jo Bang, and others.
To order individual copies or subscriptions via credit card:
- Visit www.bridgemagazine.org (the site now features secure ordering);
- Call the office at 312.421.2227;
Or, send check or money order to:
BRIDGE Magazine
119 N. Peoria #3D
Chicago, IL 60607
BRIDGE is distributed in the U.S. by Bernard DeBoer, Ingram, Last Gasp, Tower Records, and Media Solutions.

Also, please spend a few minutes online with us at the souped-up, blown-out www.bridgemagazine.org, now under the editorship of Kathryn Rosenfeld, formerly an
editor for New Art Examiner. The current edition features a special section on Matthew Barney, an interview with Karl Roloff, and an assortment of columns and art & literary criticism. Then, consider registering for the all-new BRIDGE bulletin board, accessible through the website, which features discussion forums for the magazine itself and for general happenings in art, music, writing, film, & drama (including listings for job opportunities, calls for publication, upcoming readings, and miscellaneous industry chatter). Reasonably clean reviews, news, and gossip from all quarters will be welcomed.

Back