**Looking to shadow a director**

Hi my name is Keoni, I'm doing a senior project for school and I need to have a mentor my career choice (film directing). I'm looking to shadow a director on set. If anyone would be willing to do this, I will send them a pdf of what I'm doing for my project, as well as my phone number for contacting. If anyone of you guys know how to get ahold of a big time director like James Wan, that'd be just great :D

I didn't just choose film directing for my project because I thought it'd be easy, I chose it because that's really what I want to do. I'm applying to UCLA and USC to major in Film/TV Production.

PS: I'm from AZ but I travel to CA a lot for family and it's close anyways.

Hello new dude :cool:

If anyone of you guys know how to get ahold of a big time director like James Wan, that'd be just great :D

IMDB Pro page.

tumblr_mnh3zjbvWZ1rjgcvdo1_500.gif

Hi my name is Keoni, I'm doing a senior project for school and I need to have a mentor my career choice
Since this for a school requirement your school will have the
information you need to contact a mentor. Talk to the teacher.
The Directors Guild of America will give you the agent contact
information of directors.

Since this for a school requirement your school will have the
information you need to contact a mentor. Talk to the teacher.
The Directors Guild of America will give you the agent contact
information of directors.

Would they actually be able to get me to intern or shadow a big time director?

Would they actually be able to get me to intern or shadow a big time director?

Depends on what you call a big time director. By my guess of what you consider, the answer would be no. You're more likely to get to shadow a director of a local TVC Production House. The jackpot for you would be someone with lots of experience.

The chances of shadowing Spielberg, James Wan etc depend mostly on your own contacts. Do you know someone who can set it up? If not, don't get disappointed if you don't get to shadow an A lister. There are plenty of directors with lots to learn from.

Depends on what you call a big time director. By my guess of what you consider, the answer would be no. You're more likely to get to shadow a director of a local TVC Production House. The jackpot for you would be someone with lots of experience.

The chances of shadowing Spielberg, James Wan etc depend mostly on your own contacts. Do you know someone who can set it up? If not, don't get disappointed if you don't get to shadow an A lister. There are plenty of directors with lots to learn from.

Okay, thanks, I'll probably be searching. The reason why I say James Wan is because my dad (who is a doctor) saw one of his relatives and he told me to try to contact James through her but I lost the info and looking up patients would be a pain for my dad so I lost a good opportunity =(

Back