world cinema

is it wrong to suggest a possibility of world cinema in the making. every talents contributing and sharing the name and fame,, i am always looking for crew and artists to make world cinema. i will start making independent films in india with cast from US, Korea and some technical crews from korea.

why cant we continue like this?

I've always worked internationally and working that way is still one of my favorite things to do. Partly because I love to travel, but also because I think the "world cinema" market is more open to innovative work, than the mainstream "genre" market.

I think one of the biggest drawbacks for indies bringing crew and cast over from abroad is the cost. If you use local talent it saves on airfares and accommodation. On a tight budget there are usually things that are higher priority.

My preference, and one I wish more indies would explore, is to make contacts in a country where product costs are much lower, then base the productions in those countries. Last year I spent six weeks in West Africa, trying to do just that... and I'm still looking at a production in Mexico, where I've got a great production team to work with.

I've always thought the Indian film scene held a lot of potential... not so much Bollywood, but the independent film makers.

so lets move a step ahead

clive, we match in ideology. time is right for us to start a project now for world cinema

clive, we match in ideology. time is right for us to start a project now for world cinema

Thanks for the offer. I'd need to know you and your company pretty well before I'd agree to a co-production.

But, I'm always interested in talking.

i am a cinematographer based in india and also have a production setup. i am also interested in such collaborations. let me know...

I believe that the future belongs to "world cinema".
Just by looking at this thread:
we have people from India, the UK, the US and Ukraine.

Back