Canon 5D mk II vs Blackmagic Cinema

Hello!

I currently own a Canon 5d Mk II. I am about to set out shooting a film, which I hope will have some chance of a theatrical release.

I have an opportunity to buy an original Blackmagic camera (I believe the 2.5k Cinema) for a very reasonable price. Much lower than I have ever seen them sell used for...

Now I wonder... would it be any better to shoot on the Blackmagic rather than the 5D Mk II? Would it be worth a small investment into the Blackmagic or would I be better served spending the money on another piece of glass for the 5D mk II? It would be cool being able to shoot with 2 cameras if I needed to run a set up like that if I had both! :cool:

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and help.

Thanks guys -- I ended up going for a BMCC Cinema Camera 2.5 w/ EF mount... that way I can use my Canon glass on it! It looks beautiful. Amazing, I even like the look of the raw ungraded footage. Reminds me kind of reversal stock before grading... Cool camera! I'm going to have to get used to the raw workflow though!

Congrats on the new camera! Glad you're liking it.

I have been very impressed by the images from my Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and I'm really looking forward to getting the URSA Mini.

Happy shooting!

Back