How do you feel after finishing your latest film?

How did you feel after finishing your latest film?

Hey, hope everyone is doing well. I am just finishing up my second short film and am extremely proud of it. It's a quirky little 10 minute comedic horror film and although I'm very proud, part of me is discontent. There are several things I wish I could change. One actresses performance is lacking a bit and slightly over dramatic at times and there are several small moments throughout that I wish I had made adjustments to.

Just wondering how you guys felt after your last film and how you normally feel when finishing a film. I'm assuming most filmmakers are not usually perfectly content and instead wish they could change a few things.

Last edited:
I've made about ten shorts or so. I made them for different reasons than most. I made them so I can make an acting reel. I never sent them out anywhere. My friends and I would watch it and that would be it. Well, I would submit to one festival because they always called me to submit my latest. I'm glad I did over the years as I won 500 bucks from them.

I think it's natural to see all the laws. But you see them more than the average viewer. Now you know what to look for.

I made a feature last summer and just felt proud that I set the bar high and completed it. That film has opened some doors for me that I didnt even know existed. I have been asked to direct a film with a million dollar budget. They have raised about half. I got acting gigs from people watching my film. I got an incredible offer from a school that i need to give them the answer by next week. My plan was never to go to school, but just to move to LA and go for it as an actor, but it seems like I cant pass this up either. So it looks like I'm going to school in LA.

So use it as a learning experience and keep plugging away. Congrats on the film. I hope you post it when completed.

I wanted the ground to swallow me up. I made some stupid mistakes in the edit process, some dumb errors in the shooting process and, well, it just wasn't good enough.

Managed to get into a pretty cool festival (London Independent) so that was good but really wanted to just move on.

I finished my short film Road just over a month ago and it feels great once you have completed something you have been working on for months, but there are a lot of things that I would like to change init. What I have done is go back and look at the script/notes I made about the film and work out where I went wrong but also right.

By the end you do just want the film to be complete and you get sick of it, which is something that I have learnt and I think a way to deal with it is have someone else help out with the edit and the final stages of the film. This will hopefully help with the final out come of the film.

Also since finishing the film it has taken me a while to get back to working on other videos and motivation has been hard. So it's always best to have the next thing lined up, even if that is just an idea you can slowly start working on.

I always want to shoot myself.. its always down to stupid mistakes.. but then at this level, I prefer to make those mistakes now and let the mistakes I make at the top be something like hiring Christian Bale over Tom Hardy ;)

Hi. I finished my second shortfilm last month and now working tightly on the third one. Due to my little experiance I can compare my feelings only between my first and my second s. films.

It's kind of evloution. At first I feel relieved as months of work are way behind. Then I watch it again and feel depression because of all the shots, all the approaches and the ideas that were not used/taken and etc. And finally pull myself together and go to climb new mountins.

And as I read from numerous interwiews with cinema maitres, they feel just the same as our fellow members. Thats why as for me, the focus is to take maximum you can and let it go in the right time.

Back