• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Starfox: Awakening |Live Action Fan Film - 4K|

Hey guys!

My newest project was my first time making a fan film. I always wanted to explore the Starfox universe in an original way, and this is the end result! We'd all love to hear your feedback on this short, and honesty is not only welcome, but encouraged!

Hope you all enjoy, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

For the best viewing experience, watch in 4K!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=_fKkLT1rRYA

I absolutely enjoyed watching it! I would love to take lessons from you for visual effects. I've just started messing around visual effects to incorporate into my work.

The only real "critique" I have is that some parts appear a little too dark, making it a little difficult to figure out what was going on. That's just me though. Are there plans for a follow-up video? I would love to see it if you are.

Glad you enjoyed it! The visual effects were definitely an integral (and challenging haha) part of making the project.

Definitely hear you on the exposure of the grade --- We were going for a dark/contrasty look, but on certain screens the film has been on the side of overly dark. This was one of my first explorations into more complicated color grades and as a result I most likely went a little overboard with some of my experimentations haha

A really well executed strange idea. I won't say bad idea because I don't know enough about the starfox mythos to really gauge it, but how on earth will you sustain this level of grittiness and realism when the soldiers have a big cgi fox running alongside them?

Back