IMFDB

Internet Movie Firearms Database.

I just stumbled upon this. It seems like a pretty neat resource for filmmakers, movie buffs, and enthusiasts.

Actually I haven't looked around much, yet. But I really like what I see for The American page. I like how they have it. It seems pretty comprehensive. If the rest of the pages are like this, then it's cool beans.

I'll bet many of you already know about this site. But for those of you who didn't, like me, check it out if you always wondered just what that gun was so-and-so used in that movie. :)

It's a great resource, I use it all the time to look up guns I'm not familiar with when I see them in films.

As for The American specifically, it's a great film but honestly it's a better film if you don't know much about guns! For a film that's ostensibly about someone who is an expert in firearms it really strains credibility at points.

You're very welcome, Janet. I'm sure you would do the same. And welcome to the forum. :)

As for The American specifically, it's a great film but honestly it's a better film if you don't know much about guns! For a film that's ostensibly about someone who is an expert in firearms it really strains credibility at points.

:lol:

---> On that note, this is funny:

Mathilde adjusts the scope, after test-firing. Her shots were a bit off to the left and for some reason turning the elevation knob instead of the windage remedies this

So what's the lesson? Directors and actors who care about authenticity ought to listen to their gun wranglers? Or, you need to get a gun wrangler/adviser who really knows their stuff?

:hmm:

It means don't direct shit that you don't know anything about unless you get an expert on hand :) or at least consult with one and do your research beforehand

Back