[Jun 12] What are you working on this week?

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Progress from last week? New venture?

Still networking with comedians.

Tonight I'm going to perform a full 5 minute set of open mic for the first time
I went on stage once before last friday but I only joked around for 2-3 minutes and then excused myself because I had no notes or preparation. This time I'm going in prepared.

And I'm going to make a couple of jokes about race in a room full of black people.
If I don't come back light a candle for me.

Nothing bad of course. I'm going to call them "baltimore americans" :lol:
And talk about how "african american" has 5 too many syllables for everyday speech.

We can't even say family. Gotta shorten it to fam.

I'm starting to think african american is racist too, because I've never heard a black person say it.

Last edited:
but....... they have the same syllables :huh:

Pitching a couple of ideas for commercials to a guy who is making them for a large, well-known company. It's a bit of a different field for me, but I like the idea of trying something new.

Good luck Mara and Sean!

This week I'll be shooting a 2-day non stop timelapse and extra shots on 2nd camera.
My dad is a superb carpenter and created a sunshade box I designed to prevent the camera from overheating in the sun :)
I'll post pictures later :)

Had 3 timelapse gigs that I didn't get (for various reasons. The silliest one was that is was too much trouble to let me in a building real early to set things, lol, lazy bastards ;) The obvious one was because I charged twice as much as the competition for a failsafe design for a non-stop high quality timelapse for 17 months. They picked the party saying "Everything will be fine.").
The 4th on was bingo, while I was not the cheapest :)

And now I start downloading foortage for an editing job :)

If we don't hear from you sf, I'll send h44 to circle the block until he finds you.

Awesome news from you guys. Congrats!

I'm hoping my gimbal comes in this week so I can start practicing with it. The weather has not been particularly cooperative, so I haven't been getting familiar with the new drone yet. I hope to correct that this week. I will find out if I still have a job sometime this week. Take care of some legal BS and sort out my near future. I will be shooting some more YouTube content for my various channels. I hope to make some headway on setting up my charity and establish a regular writing schedule. And, if all that isn't enough, I want to get back into the routine of working out everyday.

People seem to really like my standup. It's surprising and awesome!! An awesome surprise.
I did a full set of 5 minutes and I was on a roll!!! I have some video I'll have to edit because it's sideways right now

Dude, that is literally the BEST I've ever seen a first time stand-up set go. Had me laughing multiple times (especially the sperm joke)

Dude, that is literally the BEST I've ever seen a first time stand-up set go. Had me laughing multiple times (especially the sperm joke)

Thanks! It felt really great in the middle there when I was on a roll.
Now to tackle the art of stand up story telling.. where i stay on one subject for a couple of minutes straight.

That's intimidating but I'm supposed to be some kind of story teller on here right :lol:

Back