• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Jurassic World (2015): Rewritten Screenplay

Jurassic World is example of film being a mixed bag in my opinion. Despite have some fun action scenes, decent performances and a pretty cool looking park, the film suffered from a weak story with pointless subplots, motiveless characters, a stereotypical villain, and way too much CGI in scenes that could've used practical effects. While I do think it's better than The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III, it's nowhere near on the same level as the original film. So, after having recently re-watched Jurassic World, I decided to fix its plot and characters by doing a rewrite of the screenplay.

Using the screenwriting software Fade-In, I've basically rewritten (mostly) the entire film. The dialogue from the theatrical film, (which I had to re-watch every time I was writing the script) hasn't been changed all that much, save for the lines that were just terrible, which was actually a good amount of the lines.

So without further ado, here is the screenplay: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1padgUYRpvQWEVvQS1BM1poVDQ/view

Any kind of feedback, positive or negative, is welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jurassic World II (Fan script)

Logline: After doing a rewrite of 2015's "Jurassic World", I decided to go one step further and write a sequel to that the rewrite before the actual "Jurassic World 2" comes out. So here is the unofficial sequel to my unofficial version of "Jurassic World":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1padgUYRpvQTmJvYTVkeUlFT0U/view

Synopsis: It has been three years since the events of "Jurassic World", and survivors of the incident Owen and Claire are trying to lead new lives. However, their pasts come back to haunt them when they learn that Claire's nephew Gray has gone missing along with his teacher on Isla Nublar, former home to the theme park, during a surprise school trip to the island. Now, with the help of Dr. Alan Grant, a group mysterious mercenaries, and an equally mysterious government agent, Owen and Claire set off to the dinosaur filled island on a desperate rescue mission. Little do they know that dark and dangerous secrets are lurking on the island.

Back