Support for Kickstarter?

Hello all,

Just wondering, if it's a very good campaign, would ye support me if I did a Kickstarter for an animated feature film? It'll be made by a very small group of people for very little (€300, I know right!) and that's because we're doing it for no budget. We have the necessary software for animating but we that money to buy one more piece of software for motion capture. Thanks anyway for having a read and if I get enough support I'll be sure to promote it here when I get it going. Thanks you're a great bunch and I can't wait to contribute more to this forum.

I'd certainly take a look. If it's a good campaign, then I'd consider contributing.

A couple of pointers then:

- If your going with Kickstarter this doesn't matter, but if you decide to go with IGG, don't do flexible funding. There's many reasons why people, myself included, don't like to contribute to flexible funding campaigns.

- Include a video! Preferably, show off your previous work. I like to see people talk passionately about their project, but the real selling point is actually proving what you can (or can't) do.

You have to consider the amount of work it takes to crowdfund and whether or not a group of people can use that time in a more efficient way to get those $300,-

I'd certainly take a look. If it's a good campaign, then I'd consider contributing.

A couple of pointers then:

- If your going with Kickstarter this doesn't matter, but if you decide to go with IGG, don't do flexible funding. There's many reasons why people, myself included, don't like to contribute to flexible funding campaigns.

- Include a video! Preferably, show off your previous work. I like to see people talk passionately about their project, but the real selling point is actually proving what you can (or can't) do.

If Kickstarter fails then I would go with IGG and you are definitely right about that. There's something about flexible funding that turns people for some reason. I will always go with a goal because if not then people won't really care.

I actually have just finished the video and it just needs exporting. It's animated and contains a 3D model talking about the project as well as a few cutaways. I believe I need to show what we can do and not just tell people, hence why it's going to be animated.

Thanks very much for the support!

Back