• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Rescue of the Enchanted Forest

This is the first trailer of my first upcoming movie of WogglebugLove Productions. The Wogglebug meets a little girl named Sylvie and they have a great adventure saving the Enchanted Forest and finding The Seven Living Values of Intelligence. Please watch and rate. I expect the movie to be out next year in (hopefully) the spring.

https://youtu.be/jhl1MESudog

First, I have a question: what engine are you doing this animation in? It looks very similar to the Half-Life 2 Engine that I did a few videos in when I was in school.

As for the trailer itself, it's a bit too long for it to be a trailer. You have a pretty big dialogue and static scene towards the beginning where it's your main character talking for an unnecessarily extended period of time. For the voice acting, there is a bit of popping sound. Try recording the dialogue without having the microphone near the voice talents' mouths or use a filter of some sort to solve it. Lastly, there is a lot of weird movements and "clipping" during the movements. I've worked with something similar to this when I did my projects with the Half-Life 2 Engine. The movements are very limited, which sucks, because the movements always seem "robotic." I imagine there's nothing you can solve the clipping problem but if there's a way you can avoid it, give it a shot. I think it'll clean it up a bit.

Apologize if my critique sound harsh. I just think you have a good idea going and what you can do to take it to the next level.

Thank you for commenting on the trailer. To answer your questions, I use the 5th version of IClone from Reallusion 3D animation. I know the trailer feels a bit unusually long. It's more of a "sizzle reel" than a trailer actually. And I will likely make a proper two and a half minute trailer soon. And the dialogue is mostly just test takes. I myself did the voice of the little girl Sylvie (pitched it up) and you can be sure in the final film the visuals and sound will be at their very best.

As for the "clipping" I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean the way the characters move, there is hardly anything I can do about it as far as I know but I'm always improving on my animating skills.

By "clipping" I mean that you have things that go through each other such as hands going through the body of the character models or a small object of some sort going through another object.

By "clipping" I mean that you have things that go through each other such as hands going through the body of the character models or a small object of some sort going through another object.

Oh, that's right. It is a fault with the program, and if there is a way to avoid it I haven't really found it yet. But I can try.

I don't believe there is a sure way to avoid clipping. I know because I encountered the same issues on a program similar to yours. If you've seen some of my projects using the program, you can tell that I had the same issues. The best advice I can give you to avoid clipping are limit the amount of movement if possible and camera angles.

I don't believe there is a sure way to avoid clipping. I know because I encountered the same issues on a program similar to yours. If you've seen some of my projects using the program, you can tell that I had the same issues. The best advice I can give you to avoid clipping are limit the amount of movement if possible and camera angles.

Of course. Thanks.

Back