• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Royalty Free Music For Commercial/Non-Commercial Projects

Hello Everyone,

My name is Darren Curtis and I've been pursuing my path as a composer for the last few years. While mostly doing freelance commission work, I've also been producing free to use music along the way and am roughly up to around 80 free tracks thus far. Every single one of my pieces can be downloaded via My Website: DarrenCurtisMusic.com

When you download a track from my website you'll receive a .zip folder that contains the .MP3, looped .OGG and uncompressed .WAV files. You'll also get a simplistic Materials Release signed by me in case you feel you might need it for festivals/distributors. If you end up needing something more in depth or you require something I haven't provided like a sync license, feel free to send the info to me at [COLOR="Navy"]desperatemeasurez@yahoo.com[/COLOR] and I'll get it back to you as soon as possible.

I've had a few nice productions use some of the music I've made which I have listed at the bottom of the homepage. But probably the one that stands out most was "Ghost Adventures" using one of my pieces in their Halloween Special "Route 666."

Below here I'll a list a few of my latest royalty free productions.
Temporal Desolation - Dark, Hybrid music featuring guitar, cello and lots of soundscapey atmosphere work.

Bleak Horizon - Film Noir soundtrack featuring guitar, piano and an upright bass (There's an alternate version of this piece featuring some added brass work in the .zip folder).

The Devil's Cell - Horror music featuring a lot of synthetic instruments and sound design elements.

Tempest - A trailer piece combining some traditional orchestral instruments with synthetic sounds.

All I ask is to be credited for the music. If for some reason you're working on a production that can not credit, like a commercial spot, feel free to write and let me know. I'm extremely flexible when it comes to most needs and I'm sure we can work it out.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys and has a great day. If you have any questions, concerns or troubles, please feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able!

Many thanks and best wishes!
Darren

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Usually I'd have followed this thread up sooner, but October was a bit of an off month for me. But I do have another free track which has been added to my website. It's a dark piece featuring choirs, an organ, booming percussion and lots of evolving sounds in the background. It's called "The Brotherhood."

"The Brotherhood."

I hope everyone enjoys.
Best wishes!

Just stopping by to update this with a few new free tracks I've completed. The first is an intense, dark piece called "The Invasion."

"The Invasion."

Then we have an atmospheric, dystopian type outing led by guitar and piano called "The Cold Settles."

"The Cold Settles."

And finally a lighter track with some bittersweet vibes called "Searching, Waiting, Longing."

"Searching, Waiting, Longing."

They're all uploaded to the website and ready to download/use.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Hello Everyone,

It's been awhile since I updated this but I have a few new pieces available for download. Also, due to getting the request from several people, I did some work on the site to incorporate on-board streaming. Each track can now be played in its entirety right from the site so you can decide if you want it or not.

Here are a couple of the newer tracks I've finished.

"Brace For The Storm"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGzNte6A98

"The Old Pumpkin Patch"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7h65ADvNes

I hope everyone is well and enjoys!

It's been quite awhile since I've updated this, but I've come out with several new tracks which are all up on the site. I'll post just a couple of the most recent pieces I've completed.

First, a dark, apocalyptic sort of music called "Dystopian Nightmare"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIL2pQsQPBE

And secondly, we have a Sci-Fi mixed with orchestral elements track with an epic feeling to it. It's called "Faraway Star."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AaKRsu8YPM

I hope everyone is well and enjoys!

Hello everyone,

It's been a few weeks since I've updated this. Time has been seeming to escape me lately. I have another couple tracks which I've released. The first is a dark, Sci-Fi piece that starts softer and builds into a big climax. I had in mind a transformation of some kind taking place. It's titled "The Ascension"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEwSvHfQlis

And secondly I have a track that's more built toward a trailer score. "Ignite The Fire" is all about sound design elements and deep, booming percussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQMROzr-a-A

I hope everyone is well and has a great weekend!
Best wishes!

Hello Everyone! I hope you've all been doing well!

Today I've got 2 new tracks with which to update this thread. The first is a dark, Sci-Fi piece called "Intruder Aboard."

"Intruder Aboard."

This is a tension building, background track that could be useful for augmenting what's happening on screen and not being too in your face or stealing the show.

And secondly we have "Have of the Faeries."

"Haven of the Faeries."

This is a peaceful, fantasy piece of music for a Heavenly place featuring the harp, a flute and some ethereal vocals.

Thanks so much for taking the time to check this out. I hope you find some of them helpful. Have a great weekend!

It's been a little while since I've updated this but I have a few new tracks I've released over the last month. The most recent of which is a dark, Sci-Fi piece called "We've Been Breached." It's a background, tension building track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE8D7eS1fbU

And we also have some film noir type music named "Nowhere to Hide." This is all about an impending sense of danger and urgency. Someone is on us and we need to get out of here as fast as we can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OiZObRoSIQ

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen!
Best wishes, everyone!

Hello Everyone,

It's been a long while since I posted any updates on here. I have a lot more free music I've released this past year and I'm now over 120 tracks. Here are a couple of my newer pieces.

Here's an epic orchestral track with a lot of fast strings, booming percussion and horns called "I Will Find You."

And this next one is a dark, more psychological track with a lot of unnerving synthetic sounds. "A Method to the Madness."

You can download these two and all the rest of my free music on my site here: darrencurtismusic.com

I hope everyone has been well and enjoys the music!

Hello Everybody!

It's been a long while since I posted any updates on here. I've released several new tracks and am just over 150 now. All of them are available to download here: darrencurtismusic.com

Here are a couple of my newer pieces.

A tension building theme with dark strings, brass and some clocks: "Time's Up."

A sad medieval type track featuring the Bazantar: "Eternal Sleep."

I hope everyone has been well and enjoys the music!

Last edited:
Hello Again,

I'm back with some new free tracks! The first is a dark epic track with booming percussion, powerful, short strings and an intense brass finish. It's called "The Black Blade."

The second piece is a softer, harp melody called "Lake of Destiny." It has a deep reflective feeling.

The third is a cowboy/western theme with a loner kind of mood. I've got a couple distorted guitars in there to give this a kind of modern or hybrid feeling. Here is "Gunslinger from the Brink."

And lastly we have a horror theme that combines a lot of ambient elements with melodic phrases. "They Live in the Mist."

All of these and many more tracks can be downloaded free from my site right here: darrencurtismusic.com

I hope everyone is well and finds the new tracks useful!

It's been awhile due to some personal things, but I'm back again. This time with an epic, orchestral track called "Epic Nucis." Free to download and use in your projects per usual.

I hope everyone is well and enjoys! Best wishes!

Back