• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch REMEMBER - Horror

Hello all, I'm new around here. I guess I registered with this site back in June but forgot about it until a week or so ago when I received an email from "indietalk" about updates to the forum and decided to come back and check it out. That's when I discovered and purchased HailtotheKing's new DVD "Voice of the Dead" (which I commented on under another thread) and saw ahab's "non-winning entry from this year's NYCMMMM contest" and thought "Hey, I also have a non-winning entry from this year's NYCMMMM contest" ... so here goes ...

Genre: Horror
Subject: Somebody is being watched
Run Time: 10min
Dimentions: 320x240
Size: 23mb
Format: .wmv (sorry, no Quicktime version yet)

R E M E M B E R*

[SIZE=-3]*For best results DO NOT microwave rather Right Click and select "Save As"[/SIZE]

Last edited:
That was really good.

There have been a lot of extremely well made flicks coming out of NYCMMMM... this is one of the best I've seen yet, in the Horror genre. Hard to believe that it all came from scratch, in the two-week given period.

Especially great background music, on top of a pretty well written story. Many unnerving camera shots which kept the interest high. (Which is easy to lose, with little dialogue).

There were two classic horror flicks that came to mind, while watching this. In fact, I was pretty sure that I had the story figured out in the first third of it. I was expecting a variation of one of the two. I was pleasantly surprised when I was shown wrong and the story to be different. (Though I expect they had a bit of an influence on style. I'll name the flicks later, after more have had their input).

My fav sequence was towards the end, in the building. The way that "wraith" was walking was just so amazingly well done. There is something about it that just seems so wrong... which is what makes it creepy.

Awesome job. :cool:

Btw... that extra footage while the credits were rolling was priceless. :lol:

I'm very impressed Zuko. and wondering at the same time why it didn't get picked :huh: I thought it was a pretty well thought out story and something different that you normally don't see. Great camera angles and style going there too! ;) It's always creepy making little girls a central "monster" in a film. Thanks for sharing this with us. Also the footage at the end is great!

"I'm not even gonna use this in the movie, I just want them to look like idiots." :haha: Sounds like something the master Sam Raimi would do and say to some of his buddies.

This is really good man. I love the editing on it. If this didnt advance to the next round i'd like to see what did...

Little girls are ALWAYS creepy, especially when they're dead. So that scare factor got me.

Good job, nice film.

oh yea, the only thing i thought was a little cheesy was when the girl attacked. I think it would have been better if you showed the silhouettes through those sheets with the lights that were in the background. But hell, I'm not gonna nitpick over something as minute as that. :)

oh yea, again, :welcome: BACK!

Thanks for the positive reaction and feedpack!

.... I agree with the girl attacking at the end being a bit cheesy. I've had a few people give similar comments. If I had some extra footage I'd probably change it or I've even thought of just cutting most of it out and leaving just the shadows on the wall - there are a few other changes I'd like to make but that's one of the drawback to time constricted competitions. You usually don't have a chance to screen it for feedback or put it way for a few days and come back and watch it with fresh eyes before it needs to be sent out ...

Very well done, ZukoVega. The combination of camera work and music really built the suspense. The acting was right there, too - it helped in the close-up shots.

Of course the bloopers were amusing to see. We shot a chase scene through Purgatory Chasm (western MA) for a fantasy film and had rangers run up and ask us if we were some kind of devil worship cult (the costumes weren't that bad, honest.) Wish we'd gotten that for the blooper reel.

Again, great job on this short - especially considering the timeframe you had to put it all together!

Nice job! I loved the girl behind the plastic, gave me the creeps!Nice job on the settings, they really helped the creepy vibe. keep up the good work. I also entered the NYC midnight madness contest. Didn't win, but had lots of fun.

Toxzy

Zuko, that was GREAT! I hope you were at least a runner-up! Tell us about your sound mix, because I thought that was one of the best parts. Did you do any foley work on this?

Wonderful work Zuko! Most of the shots were superb. I especially liked the *flashlight comes on, pull back to reveal Jonny* shot. It's a Speilberg shot if ever I saw one.

The only critique I have is to shut off your automatic iris. There were a couple of shots when the camera was confused as to how much light to let in.

Poke

Great show. I'm amazed at the quality that is coming out of NYCMMMM this year. I just wish more would post, especially the winners. This is also my favorite horror from the competition.
Ascoli

DAMN! Great movie

That movie was just awesome. the sound and everything was pretty darn prestine. You do good work man...

Thank you

Where was that shot, btw? It is a great location

Last edited:
Good stuff, I really liked the camera work. That was very impressive. Hard to believe this didn't advance. I've seen short films made overs months nowhere near this quality.

Keep it up, I can't wait to see what you can do with longer than two weeks...

You know... the more I think about, the more I become convinced that this thread is even scarier than the film...

This was in the initial post...

I registered with this site back in June but forgot about it

Nothing is more frightening than that!

:scared:

(Seriously... just adding again how much I love this flick) :yes:

Back