• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What to do

Ok my current script I am writing is at a stand still, do to writers block. The way I deal with writers block is to go on to another project and come back to it. So this is what I am doing. The only problem is I got a few ideas whatt to start but no idea which one to do. So I am hoping you all out there can give me your opinion on what one to do.

1. A serial killer killing based on tarot cards. (genera: crime drama)

2. 6 friends get super powers 3 become villians and 3 have to stop them. (genera: action)

3. A friendly old baker man (who is actually a demon) who bakes people into a cakes. (genera: horror)

4. A cute little 8 year old girl (actually a demon) who kills. (genera: horror)

5. 2 friends have an increadable day of unfortunate (but funny) events (all events are based off of things that actually happened to me) that leads to some sort of "moral". (genera: comedy)

So what do you all think I should do. What one would you like to see the most. Or what is your opinion on each of them. For all of them I got a very basic story line that I will develop further upon deciding. So please comment.

The one about the 6 friends getting superpowers sounds cool if you give it some time to breath (like, I'm guessing around 10 minutes for the final product, maybe) and character-driven. Like, you can establish their friendships and whatnot and show how the powers take that away from them.
Here are my thoughts on all of them.

1. I have no thoughts on this one

3. Sounds like cliche horror. Where will the script go? If you could come up with something really good and original, it'd be alright though.

4. This also sounds like cliche horror, and I've heard that story many times before.

5. Well, this one isn't bad if the events really are funny. It sounds like something you could have fun with.

I like idea no. 2 but i know there is a movie like that coming out. It's called Chronicle.

Of course ur treatment can be completely different that theirs and you can still do it.

There's alot of movies where power corrupts the innocent and humble. And as long as his story isnt a complete rip of something its should be okay but the whole 3 turn good and 3 turn bad is a bit odd lol.I know you stated this but I just want to add to your post.

theanthonyya: I was planning on making the 6 friends one all about the charactors there friendship and how the power wedges between them. I would establish there friendship how close they are to each other there idividual personas and either end it by either a: They have to kill there friends in a sad and painful final or they all give up there powers for friendship. With number 5 every time I tell these stories to people they laugh there asses off. Btw thanx for the feedback on all.

feutus: The suspect victumolagy will change depending on the spicific card the mode of death will also change. But basically the suspect will abduct people one place kill the a second and pose and dispose of them acording to pictures on tarot cards. The suspect is doing this because (to them) they are on a mission from God.

Noob: I personally can not recall any movies that have this premis so I will not copy anyone.

Wel tarots are used to see te past, present and future. Dont make a 7 rip of or wors.....a 4 horsman rip of (that movie was weak)

So ....it can be that the victims also commited sins or crimes in the past, present and future. I ....mean the..... deats must have a massage. Do jou know Tarot and the card meaning?

I like idea no. 2 but i know there is a movie like that coming out. It's called Chronicle.

Of course ur treatment can be completely different that theirs and you can still do it.

That's funny. I had the exact same thoughts, except for a different movie.

http://www.superseedsmovie.com/

This is just further proof that the same basic concept can be done in completely different ways. I look forward to both of these movies, and me-only-me, if you go with this concept, you can take it wherever you want, and you can completely make it your own movie.

Forget voting -- you should move forward with whichever one you like. But for what it's worth, I like #2. :)

Back