Music for a vacation video

Hi everyone,
First of all, I decided to reopen my account here, after a while. I figured it would probably be better to stay, since I may need help from all of you from time to time, including on this, which is probably going to be a rather odd question: I'm on vacation right now, in Honduras, and yesterday I thought about doing something special for my video of the vacation, using not only the video I shot but pictures that my sister and my aunt and uncle have taken, as well as some journal entries I've written on a blog I've maintained for over a month, which I will narrate during the video. No one's going to see this, it's not going to be in a festival or anything, but I was just wondering, and again, please forgive me if this is a weird question, but would there be anyone who would be interested in doing original music for it, or should I look to those royalty-free sites? Just wondering. Thanks.

There is no budget for this video. I really can't afford to pay a lot of money for music, at this point. This is just a very simple video I'm doing. Thanks.

Probably gonna be a hard sell to get an original score, 'cos "No one's going to see this, it's not going to be in a festival or anything,"... and free work in exchange for exposure is usually how it goes at minimum. Still, you never know.

You should definitely be looking around at the sites & musicians who have pre-composed tracks for free, even if it's just to build a temporary soundscape for your composer's inspiration should you find one.

The only ones I have found are pretty generic, nothing spectacular or anything. Would anyone here know of any sites or composers who might have any orchestral samples or anything that I could use for free? I may end up having to use those rather than hiring someone, and as far as I know, it probably won't make a lot of sense to hire someone for a film that no one's going to see except for my family. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

I tried his site a few times, some of it's good, but some of it's just generic-sounding. I'll keep looking. Thanks, though.

I've been looking on Sound Cloud, and I've found some things that might work for my project. I'm working on securing them for use in the film, and I emailed one composer who had a track I liked. I hope to hear from him soon. There was at least one other who had some stuff I liked, in case it doesn't work out with him. Anyway, thanks for all your help and assistance.

Hi everyone,
I thought I had something set up with a composer I met on Sound Cloud, but I have not heard back from him. Has anyone heard of this site:

http://www.jewelbeat.com

It's a royalty free music site I found, and each track is only 99 cents.

Last edited:
Update:

The composer did contact me, and I will be able to use some of his tracks, which I paid a very small fee for (about $1 per track). Thanks again.

The composer did contact me, and I will be able to use some of his tracks, which I paid a very small fee for (about $1 per track).

Cool that you found some suitable tracks at a reasonable price. :cool:

Has anyone heard of this site:

http://www.jewelbeat.com

It's a royalty free music site I found, and each track is only 99 cents.

Yah, the owner of that site has made several posts on IndieTalk. I think his nickname is AZ.Jewelbeat ?

You can ask him directly with any questions you have. Very friendly chap.

Thanks, Steve. I just got back to the States today, and I ended up using tracks from both sources. I should also mention, just in case anyone's wondering, that this trip I took had a lot of meaning to my family and I, because my grandfather's parents were born in Honduras, and on the island that we visited. My aunt took a lot of pictures of the cemetery where they are buried, and he met a lot of his family members who live on the island, so it was of major significance for all of us. I know I have a lot of time left before school starts again, so I will have plenty of time to edit the film, mainly because I don't yet have all the photos that my aunt and uncle took on my hard drive. They still have to email them to me. I also took a lot of underwater video, in the swimming pool, and in the beach water (although I didn't see any fish, unfortunately). It was a wonderful experience, overall, and it would be nice to do again sometime.

Hi there pacey1800. I just signed up as a premiere here and Zensteve dropped me a note about you. Well glad you found something that fits. I am not the owner of JewelBeat by the way and mainly sound and some video work and this seemed to be a great place to get some help and be a part of the community. But of course if you need help with music or audio related issues, I can most certainly help. Cheers.

Yah, the owner of that site has made several posts on IndieTalk. I think his nickname is AZ.Jewelbeat ?

You can ask him directly with any questions you have. Very friendly chap.

Thanks, AZ. I did manage to find some music on Jewelbeat that might fit too, I should mention. I will certainly keep you in mind if I need any help in the future. Again, thanks very much and take care.

Back