• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The restoration of Jack Cardiff's 1944 film - 'Steel'

Hello,

98 years ago my Father Jack Cardiff started his career as a child actor in the film business. He actually never retired from the film business and when he passed away in 2009 he had made it to 90 years working in film. He'd gone from working on silent film to working with a Red!

During World War II he was assigned to photograph films about the war effort. One of these films was called `Steel'. 

I have just started a `Kickstarter' campaign (organised by Amazon) with the British Film Institute and am in urgent need of help to restore this 67-year-old film back to its former glory. This 30-minute film uses the American process of Technicolor to spotlight the highly skilled craftsmen who for generations devoted their working lives to steel whilst being hunted down by the Luftwaffe, here is the link - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1763010041/steel

I'd really appreciate it you could have a peek at the webpage.

Many thanks,

Mason

Last edited:
I wish I could contribute... I hope your campaign raises all the funds your father's contributions to cinema merits. Wonderful imagary he'd made. For more information on his contributions; netflix has this for you: "Cameraman: The Life and Work of Jack Cardiff" Watch that, then decide how much you'd like to give for this restoration.

Back