Depression

We'll still come anyway, play poker, complain about and argue over the shade of red your walls are painted, and we'll start making our own hootch in the bathroom using fermented potatoes or something.
Some of my worst friends are pathetic. You'll fit in fine. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, four and a half hours for sleep is no good. Been there, done that. Don't do it.

Sleep is an important part of life, though admittedly, I don't exactly practice what I preach. But, last I heard, a male should get at least 7 hours of sleep and a female should get at least 6 hours of sleep. The whole sleep when you die thing, which way too many people believe in and push, is a bunch of baloney. BALONEY. Your brain and your physiology need a healthy amount of sleep.

Cut out the caffeine, if you have to. Go to bed. Sleep.

A lifestyle of sleep deprivation is bound to affect your health and well being in a significantly negative way.

Do not see sleep as lost time for living.

See it as an integral part of living --healthy, good living.

You ain't living unless you're also doing plenty of sleeping.

=)

Last edited:
I've had three very close friends commit suicide over the years. These are guys I've grown up with my whole life, who for one reason or another just couldn't see their way out of whatever situation they were in. The best thing to do is to talk with a professional and see what the root cause of the depression is...if there is one. Being a young person is stressfull, you have a lot of expectations put upon you, you have hormones changing, relationships that can cause pain, etc...its not unusual to be down in the dumps now and again...I went through it when I was a kid too, growing up poor in the inner city without a father around it was very stressful..but sometimes being depressed can bring out creativity in you...write about it, create characters, screenplays, etc. to help you deal with it. You just might have a story there. Just remember it is a phase and it WILL pass and if you are surrounded by people who make you depressed or hurt you then find people who appreciate you and make you feel better.

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the advice and everything... I'm doing a LOT better now. So thanks! :)

Reckon I'll just add to this so long as no one minds, but I've been through depression and anxiety, I didn't really know what was wrong with me, I felt so bad, literally like the life had been ripped out of me. I went to the doctors and explained everything I had been feeling wrong, I got blood tests because of the intense fatigue etc, CT scan of the brain because I was getting confused all the time, like a woman would ask me if I wanted a bag at the shop counter and Id just go blank haha, (I also lost my creativity/couldnt visualise thoughts, I know, I know :(() an ECG taken because my heart was racing all the time, an Xray of my heart and chest because I was short of breath, the lot, and everything turned out fine.. I didn't believe them, because, well, it was pretty damn convincing that there was certainly something wrong! I got prescribed prozac, and let me just say, it isn't worth it, stopped taking that, and now after some good old sleeping well, healthy eating and excersize im starting to feel a whole lot better. Who'da thought? :) Someone said something about it being very inspiring, I agree, another perspective of life explored..! Glad to hear you're feeling better though, OP :)

Everyone gets depressed, especially in this day and age, and Winston Churchill called it the "black dog". I get that lots of times, especially these few days when I'm wondering if I will ever get into film. But life is dealing with emotional ups and downs.

Yep. It passes.

In the olden days it was called the BLUES. Do something POSITIVE for yourself or someone else, and it'll kick them blues right out the door.

Believe it or not, when I get the blues, I whack on some BB king, and I'm a 140% better. (Thank you Putin mathematics)

I will say I've experienced it, and my last serious bout with it ended up......well, it ended leading to an entire change of my life, which I can say is for the much better. They were dark times though, went through a depth I was honestly scared I wasn't going to get out of.

My thoughts and kudos to all of us/those who have gone through it and come out the other end with a better direction :)

Everyone has their down moments. It's natural. Each and every time I find myself in a depressed mood, I watch Fight Club (seriously).

That movie is all the therapy I need! You guys should try it next time you're feeling blue.

First world problems?

I keed I keed.

If you aren't depressed you are either not paying attention or have a I don't give a fuck attitude. I think I prefer depression to either of those.

Back