Movie is done. not happy about audio but nothing I can do

two days shy of two years to the day when I filmed my first scene for this beast.
it's been a crazy road but it's cool that it's over.

My only problem is the audio. it sounds alright. but sometimes you can hear this muffing sound when the actors talk. almost as if they were wearing a LAV mic ( they weren't) and their shirt would rub up against it causing a muffing sound. my friend says it's faint and he didn't even hear it until I pointed it out to him. If you listen to it on reg volume then, yeah it sounds decent and you can't hear the muffing. but if you play it at a high volume you can hear it (friend said he still couldn't really hear it)

man it's gonna be brutal if it gets accepted into troma dance or even at my home premier. and the loudness brings out the muff.
i went back to the vegas project files to see if I had done something wrong when touching up the audio. and no. the muffing was even in the raw files so there is nothing I can do. I don't know how I missed it this entire time. and further more I don't know how to prevent it from happening again in the future.

I put a link below of a take where I can hear the muff. ( a little example of what it sounds like)
they from the same file but the first on you hear is the touched up one and the 2nd is the raw file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLS-4x4yuo&feature=youtu.be

Guess it could be wore and I have heard worse audio in other movies. it's a learning process. Thanks a lot for everyone who gave me advice. On to another project.

Last edited:
arg. I know it bugs me!
there are a few more times that happens.

I listened to it on my cousin's computer who happens to have his computer set up to some subs. I turned that scene in particular up and I couldn't hear it. which is good but idk man. still bugs me that I can hear it.

IDK man not an audio guy.. is there some kind of filter like de-essing or something that might help?
I'm sure you've tried it all .. It's a pain not having a treated room for reviewing audio.

I'm sure one of the Audio guys will have a better idea of how to do this but in certain audio editing software I know you can sometimes pick certain frequencies and do what you want to them including deletion. I think a hiss would run on a different frequency to vocals so you might be able to target and subdue, delete, or replace with clean background noise.

Back