• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch experimental Super 8 film

Hi,

this film also includes a snippet of Single 8 (Fujica ZC1000) as well + some animation - for the most part Nizo S800/1 cameras have been used; the soundtrack was added later - i have not got into 8mm sound film although it is still out there it you look for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rglo4za0EHQ

thanks

Ric

Hey ric, i already watch it. Are you experiment with the editing, cause i think you've done it very well. I like the the rhythm and in my opinion its a good analytical editing :)

Best regards,
Alfrits John Robert

Hey ric, i already watch it. Are you experiment with the editing, cause i think you've done it very well. I like the the rhythm and in my opinion its a good analytical editing :)

Best regards,
Alfrits John Robert

thanks Alfrits,

yes, there was a lot of editing, splicing the film together then more editing in dv to get it down to 10 minutes ~ there is actually about 15-17 minutes to the whole film, full length.

Ric

ps. your film also reminded me of what someone told me many years ago: 'never get involved between a couple having an argument!'

;)

This was amazing. It had a great feel to it. Ric & Alfrits, we gotta stick together. There aren't enough experimental filmmakers left out there. Check out some of mine too. I can't wait to see more from both of you!!!

http://www.youtube.com/leighpierce

I already watch your film; "week in mind". I think its very good film, in my opinion you try to create a cinema in audience mind; by experimenting with sound i as an audience playing my own version of film in my mind. I really enjoy it :)

cinemaguerrilla & Ric do you have a yahoo or windows messengger ?

thanks Alfrits,

yes, there was a lot of editing, splicing the film together then more editing in dv to get it down to 10 minutes ~ there is actually about 15-17 minutes to the whole film, full length.

Ric

ps. your film also reminded me of what someone told me many years ago: 'never get involved between a couple having an argument!'

;)

WOW :) That was a good part when u splicing the film together.

Editing is the foundation of the film art -PUDOVKIN-

Regards,
Alfrits

editing

WOW :) That was a good part when u splicing the film together.

Editing is the foundation of the film art -PUDOVKIN-

Regards,
Alfrits

probably all film students should start out with 8mm (or even 16mm) because it teaches you how precious film is and how sparingly to use it; the editing process is probably an education in itself along the same lines: what i would say though is have the best equipment money can buy or have your equipment overhauled, serviced and reconditioned [especially colleges] because you can shoot the best film of your life and have the equipment chew it up; i suppose the same is equally true for dv editing, use the best software and most powerful processors you can access - and save/ back-up! - i have watched students wipe out hours of work at the flick of a switch :-o

bests ;)

R

Back