How to hire a Literary Agent

I am a screenwriter and I have to accept that I need to reach industrial standards if I am to be taken serious. What is the best way to get a literary agent? Do I have to meet him/her in person? Can I work with him/her online? And prices.

I'm late to this thread, but you can't really "hire" a literary agent. you're not meant to reach out to agents, agents are meant to reach out to you

here are a few ways to get a literary agent's attention:

*win a screenwriting contest
*enroll yourself in a renowned screenwriting program at a prestigious university (e.g. UCLA) and be referred by a professor
*be referred by an already successful screenwriter/filmmaker (this is why networking is extremely important)
*attain a low-level job at a reputable agency like CAA or William Morris, network/make connections with people above you, and show them your work when you've gained their friendship
*post your writing online and cultivate a large following

good luck.

I need to reach industrial standards if I am to be taken serious. What is the best way to get a literary agent? Do I have to meet him/her in person? Can I work with him/her online? And prices.

Someone else please correct me, but I think you have the order of operations wrong here.
You don't get an agent and then reach industrial standards. you reach industrial standards and then get an agent.

Ask sfoster.

Well I was quoting you "I am a screenwriter and I have to accept that I need to reach industrial standards if I am to be taken serious. "

And by that I assumed we were talkinga bout the minimum quality one would expect from someone that writes for a living.

I meant that after I get an agent that is when I will reach industrial stands and be taken seriously. I am already a screenwriter that is no doubt. But what next?

Cart. Horse.

What is this industrial standards thing? Getting an agent means you are now on the same level as pro screenwriters in the industry? Um nope. You get on that level by writing a killer screenplay and hustling until it is noticed via sale, option, production, etc. and keep at it.

Start by producing your own films or finding people in your area that need scripts for their projects. Post the films online. Enter fests. If the script is good, people will pay attention.

sfoster said after you get to industrial standards then you get an agent. So I was merely asking him what does he consider industrial standards.

I was merely asking YOU what you mean by "industrial standards".
It's quite a circle you have going here. I don't understand why you
are resistant to answering my question and circle back to sfoster.

Well...

I tried.

Back