• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Perfect Nothing's an original series

Perfect Nothing's is an original series about a young man's drug fueled journey through love, loss and retribution. His philosophy about parallel universes is played out through the series as we see that any one instance can change the trajectory of a person's life. Let me know how you feel!

Edit: Also I'm curious what you guys think about the process of releasing. We released the trailer on a monday then the entire series on the following friday. In hindsight, I think we should have done one episode a week, what do you guys prefer?

Trailer
Episode 1 "Chance"
Episode 2 "Truth"
Episode 3 "Love"
Episode 4 "If"
Episode 5 "Trust"
Episode 6 "Regret"
Episode 7 "Promise"

Last edited:
Watched the first episode. Looked pretty good. There were a couple moments where the lighting was harsh. The sound is what took me out of the moment, though. Lots of echoee sound.

Yeah the sound was definitely the major obstacle with this film and of course we knew how crucial that is. A big part of it was because most of our locations were in apartments and those walls are pretty much the worst for sound. Those locations are mainly in the first episode though so the sound quality does improve as it goes on. This film was so guerilla that sometimes we had to run out of the locations before getting arrested (Elysian Park in LA :D). I think the thing we worked on the most in post and are maybe most proud of is the music. We found a really dope sound engineer and worked hard with him to cover up some of that echoee sound that you mentioned.

Wow I hear what you mean on the sound.

But hey, I think you guys did a good job with what you had to work with,

Was it a boom mic you used or was it sometimes camera mic for speed purposes?

I also noticed a few places where you ADRed one character but not the other one in the scene - why?

Anyway - hit me up if you need help with this kind of thing in the future.

Yeah, it was usually boom or lav for most of the film.

That's kinda the whole premise of the piece and part of the reason we chose "fucked up is the new perfect" as sort of our tagline. We knew it wasn't going to be a perfect production but we knew we could create something that was special to us and that we were proud to give to the public.

Back