• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch This Sucks

Hey guys!
Here's a short I worked on last summer. We're looking to possibly turn it into an ongoing web-series, and I'm kind've putting it out there, to see what others think, or if there'd even be an audience for it! Let me know what you think! This was shot on a budget of like $50 so if the sound doesn't seem quite right....that's why. Well...laugh and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YKPMNgHUFs

The music was way too loud, forcing me to turn down the volume. Then dialogue was way too quiet, forcing me to turn up the volume.

At that point I had enough, sorry :(
Quiet dialogue is one thing but don't force your viewer to constantly adjust their sound, there is no excuse for it.

Funny!

Hah! This was funny! I'm not typically one to watch web-series/low budget short type stuff like this, but I decided to push through the first few minutes on a whim. After that, I was hooked! There were obvious audio problems, but you had already mentioned why... Nothing you can't fix or be more aware of next time around. Are you guys in the LA area? If you are, and do decide to turn it into a web series, I'd love to help out with it when/if I'm free. You can see most of my work here: http://www.filmblock.net Let me know!

a lot of the outdoor stuff was extremely blown out, made it hard to watch. 12 minutes of blown out footage with a goofy looking font for the intro credits; not going to do more than scrub through (and each spot seemed consistently meh).

theater actors? made it through the first half, actors seemed like caricatures, tone it down. i thought there were moments where the jokes, the comedy, could've played well in the writing/definitely had potential, but as a result of some over the top performances, it suffered

Back