HELP NEEDED in building a GH4 rig!!

Ok, so I'm upgrading my gear in a few weeks and will be purchasing a brand new GH4. I'm also looking into buying a rig for said camera and would like to hear your thoughts on it. Recently, I've been looking into D Focus's products and have decided to go with the D Cage GH4 Bundle and the D Matte Complete (links provided below). The problem I'm running into, or need help with is that I'd like the rig to be fully functional, therefore I'll need it to also include front handles, a top handle, and shoulder-mount accessories. These obviously all do not come with either of the packages I've decided I want to purchase, so I'd have to buy them separate. From what I understand about building a rig, theres no one right answer, and I'm becoming a bit overwhelmed with trying to understand which parts/packages to buy in order to stay cost effective, or without having a bunch of extra parts lying around. What are your suggestions? Am I going about this wrong? Would I be making a mistake by going this route by basing the rig off of the D Cage GH4 Bundle and the D Matte Complete? Is there a more cost effective route to get the same functionality (For example, starting with D Focus's Austin Rig Bundle instead)? I'd like to stay within the $1,000-$1,200 range if possible. Let me know what you think, and thanks in advance!

Here are the links to what I've decided I wanted to get so far.

D Cage GH4 Bundle:
http://dfocussystem.com/dcage-bundle-gh4

D Matte Complete:
http://dfocussystem.com/dmattecomplete

All the best,
Matt

I feel your pain. After being overwhelmed by all of the choices out there, I finally gave up on finding the perfect rig and built my own rifle style setup for my GH4, as seen here:

P1090312.JPG

Parts list is in the "about" section of this video: Final Config of the rig I'm taking to NAB tomorrow

If I hadn't built my own, I would have bought this $197 rig from the Cine City. I bought my Flycam 5000 from them a few years ago and it has been a very good value for the money.

Good luck with your decision!

Bill

Back