Independent Cinema Webring

Hi, this is already posted on some of the Horror Film Maker sites...

I have set up a webring open to membership for all Indy film makers, crew, cast, reviewers and fans worldwide as long as they have a strongly Independent voice or presence online.

To join, follow the link below:

http://m.webring.com/wrman?ring=worldwideindepen;addsite

I am having banners and PR prepared to launch this again at the next level up once we have 50 members. :)

Good grief.

I hope this isn't going to be symptomatic...

Would you mind terribly if you emailed me off the site about this?

I have a fix I think but it would require a little bit of privacy re: your account.

Email me if you would at

jonathan@piscesallmedia.com

I will add your timberwolf site and email... it will send you info and then... hopefully... you will be able to log in.

wtf.

:(

Anyways, I hope that the early teething trouble is just the balancing negativity for something that will end up very positive for everyone! :)

info should be sent to <edit>xxxxx</edit> account.

no idea what the login problem was... could be literally anything.

Your site is now in rotation in the ring... Just please make sure you log in to the WebRing server and actually get the HTML code etc. so your site can pass on visitors to the rest of the sites... Quite a few folks are new to all this so no one is stressing over compliance. :)

-Jonathan

-Personal info obscured per forum rules by knightly

Last edited by a moderator:
Added site but...

Hi,

I've added my site to your webring and while I've also added the code to my index page it doesn't show up as yet. It works in Front page and does show up in the source code if you visit my site (www.mutantbarmonkey.com). Maybe it needs to be blessed?

Thanks much,

Glen

Filled out all the info and it told me I hadn't filled out the information. Your sumission script may be busted...or I'm an idiot...I like to believe it's the former rather than the latter ;)

knightly said:
Filled out all the info and it told me I hadn't filled out the information. Your sumission script may be busted...or I'm an idiot...I like to believe it's the former rather than the latter ;)

Submission script seems to be working now... However, email us at

information@piscesallmedia.com (don't worry that is not someone's private email account or anything)

with your preferred ID and site details and we will put you in manually. :)

We just need a valid email, website address IN FULL... once you're in you can add the rest to your heart's content. :)

-Jonathan

One thing I found myself when we were putting it on our own pages - if you just get the HTML version of the code, and literally just whack it as the last thing before the /div /body close tags you get the little banner version of the ring navigator pretty quick and easy - and maybe quick and dirty depending on the "prettiness" of your site... The HTML version works better as well, the SSNB seems to show up as a link to the hub rather than a proper nav bar on a lot of sites.

Anyway, we have eight pending and five in rotation now so it is definitely beginning the way we wanted it to - the more people we get around the world, the better it will be! :)

Thank you! There seems to be a problem with the webring server right now but I'll keep at it and get the correct code on my site.

Thanks again,

Glen

PiscesCEO said:
Mutant Barmonkey - your site IS blessed... check this page out-

http://p.webring.com/navwiz?ring=worldwideindepen

Once you're logged in (the Navigation Wizard page)

grab the stuff off of it (HTML worked on our book site the other alternative script is a tad shite). :)

I got a "redirection limit exceded" error when trying to go to this page.

I'd like to see what this looks like on a webpage. Can you give me a regular site that has the webring graphic on it, so I can test it out?

OK, my webring site is set up, how do I set it up to a stack? Have the message: "Member, check here for assistance with replacing this alert with your NavBar(s)" at the bottom.

OK...I signed up, it errored...I got an e-mail saying it had succeeded, so I set up my website to have all the nav stuff...I then went back to the site using the link in the first post and requested to joing the ring (log in first-the sign up screen comes up with the full sign up stuff), we'll see how that works.

and, it's up and running! to sum up:
the errors are probably erroneous if you've evtered in all of your info correctly. You should be able to login after signing up to setup your site, then clicking back on the original link, you can sign up for this particular ring...after a day or two, you should be approved and you slap the code on your site...good to go!

roger that

roger that, the software just keeps trying to be a bit too smart for its own good... however, it is progressing. :) Please, as many of you as possible, jump on! :)

Back