Why I decided to become a (screenplay) writer.

@Panos asked me why I decided to become a writer. Well, we must go back to my time as a freshman. In this time, I was bullied by some students for some reason. (It’s a shame, kids always find a reason to do this.) I also lived in a boarding home in this time. But I got the bad luck, my bullies were there, too. So, I had to find a hobby, which I can do alone. And ta-da! I found reading. First, I started with the iconic ya books. You know. Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, etc. I liked those so much, I thought about to write my own story. At the weekends I was home. There I did a lot of researching. First, I was focused on novel writing. But then I saw “Jurassic World” and the Marvel cinematic universe. (Don’t get me wrong! I didn’t stop researching for the novel stuff, I just started with screenplays, too.) And so, I decided to become a writer. And not a writer, who just do this for money and the coolness. No. A writer, who loves diving in other worlds. By the way, today I am at a different school. Now I can focus on writing. (And that although I have an idiot in my class, who means to be a wannabe-gangster-rapper is cool and every woman must fuck him. But I avoid him. I want to keep my IQ, which I have now.) So, that’s my story! I hope you understand it.

Great! So you have a passion for it I think...

But no. You are not a writer YET! First, you must write. ;)

Honestly you need to write to find out if this is your passion. It could very well turn out your passion is reading these stories. "Wanting" to create your own is different than actually doing it, which is the part you are struggling with. So get to it. You owe it to yourself to find. out.

Thank you for your story.

I can relate to wanting to dive into other worlds. I became a
writer to do just that. AND control how the people in those
worlds behave. It's fun and it allows me to forget (for a while)
my own issues. It even helps me understand my own issues
and let other people in.

At some point you need to actually write, (I know, I'm nagging)
only then can you call yourself a writer.

Somehow you remind me. You created a desire to write stories, because you like watching - reading stories, but you don't write stories. So I was thinking stories since I remember my self and never written anything until my 30! I was analyzing everything in the movies I was watching to learn how to write a script. Stories was my life and life around was like a movie I was watching others to play.

I'll tell you something not to brag but to understand something. My first script, after a whole life just thinking stories, got the grand prise in Hollywood short script contest in 2016. So, I tell you that becoming good ( :cool::lol: ) first and then start writing works, if you do it for many decades and you fully enjoy it. But, it is not a method that can be suggested to someone as an advise.

I have done what you are trying to do and I'm telling you that it works. But, unless you stop your life and think all day stories, you have absolutely no chance to become a good writer if you won't go to take classes on screenwriting or start writing.
Your main problem is that you don't have a story and therefore you don't have something to write to become a writer! Try to think great stories and start writing them. It is that simple.

I don't see a problem, this is a community and we leaned more about a member.

Back