Need Funding for my first short film! [indiegogo]

Hi Everyone, my names Tom and like many of you I'm an aspiring film director! I've finally decided to come up with my first official short film named Chloe! It follows the life of two girls who are secretly lovers, yet everyone else believes they're just best friends. But the story is not a happy ending as "where there is love, there is pain"... So basically, what I need is contributions from generous people who can help me make my film into a reality! I've setup a campaign on Indiegogo and just looking at it and spreading the word would mean millions to me! As I so desperately want to make this film and take this first step in film making after 6 years of practising at school and in my free time! A million thank you's to everyone who helps as I'm sure you too know how it was to first start off.

link: http://www.indiegogo.com/chloethefilm

Thanks to you all that helps in some way,
Tom!

EDIT:

More detailed description of the film:
The film follows the life of two teenage girls who are secretly in love, their names are Chloe and Kat (Katherine - her name meaning "pure/virginal"). The film starts off with the quotation "where there is love, there is pain" and then everything fades but the word "pain" which then fades into the first scene which is of an unknown girl standing on some train tracks with a train speeding towards her. Just as the train is about to hit her we cut to the second scene. We see Chloe and Kat at Chloes house, both lying next to each other in bed. And from there we grow more atttached to the two characters as the film progresses, creating an emotional bomb. They both go out for the day and end up fishing with nets in the river, after Kat catches a fish she trips, spilling the bucket of water she placed it in over Chloe. Chloe then chases Kat across the field (in a playful way but this scene is important as it mirrors a scene later on in the film). Anyway, skipping ahead a bit... they're then walking home before they get stopped by a "chavy" teenage boy who tries to rape Chloe. Theres obvious struggle between the three characters and in the end Kat's shot by the teenage boy. He then tries to flee the scene but Chloe in her upset mindset goes after him and chases him (this is the scene that mirrors the scene of Chloe chasing Kat). After catching up to him, Chloe jumps on top of him and they stuggle before she kicks him in the groin and they both fall to the ground, Chloe grabs a large rock and smashes it agaisnt the teenage boy's face repeatedly... with each blow to his face causing her to cry more and more. The realisation of everything that has just happened causes her to get upset and to start crying on top of the boy. A passer-by then comes across Chloe and the body and Chloe flees the scene. She appears in a large field with a train track running through it and she slowly walks towards the tracks. Upon getting to the tracks she sits down and takes out a picture from her jacket pocket and then looks at it on her blood covered hands. A light comes from her left (a train) and she stands up, open armed as the train ploughs into her. The photo then floats down and when the train has left, the photo lands on the track to reveal the two girls happy together. The quotation "where there is love, there is pain" then fades onto screen and the rest of the screen fades to black.

Last edited:
@mussonman thanks for the recommendation, after this short film and when I have some spare money I'll be sure to look into it more.

And I have tried to get a job but in my area the only place currently hiring is sainsburys, however they're looking for delivery drivers and I can't drive, so thats my dilema. However, I'm still trying and I check to see if any jobs are available every day after college. But I am very interested by your feature and your web series and I'd love to see how they turn out, will you keep me posted please?

Wow! That is so generous of you, I just have one problem, I live in the midlands (the city I was referencing earlier to be an hour away was Birmingham). I actually live 4 hours away from london, which on the train would cost £142.50 for 5 of us (me, make-up artist and the 3 actors) and thats if we pass for children. Damn, your offer is really good! If I managed to raise enough money to pay for the train tickets but not enough to get everything to do the film independently, would I be able to take you up on your offer please? This is just amazing, I really hope I'll be able to take you up on your offer. Thank you!

If your really pushed, you can pay for my travel there, as I said I'm doing it because I wish someone would have done it for me, have you considered coach? You can get group discount too, my equipment is on my thread if you look in the newbies section and its titled seishin the story so far, it's not the best but it certainly cost a lot for us youngans, I would want to be credited in all footage shot though, fair enough really? But sure just let me know what you want, and il see what I can do..

Google Martin Lewis train, should knock your fare down by at least 20% it's all about planning what day and time scales..

Last edited:
If your really pushed, you can pay for my travel there, as I said I'm doing it because I wish someone would have done it for me, have you considered coach? You can get group discount too, my equipment is on my thread if you look in the newbies section and its titled seishin the story so far, it's not the best but it certainly cost a lot for us youngans, I would want to be credited in all footage shot though, fair enough really? But sure just let me know what you want, and il see what I can do..

Google Martin Lewis train, should knock your fare down by at least 20% it's all about planning what day and time scales..

Okay, well I'll see what happens with the indiegogo campaign first, then we can arrange everything if I don't raise enough money and if its still okay with you. I just don't want to waste your time like it appears your friend did with you. I haven't considered coach yet, I'll look into that tomorrow (as I'm off to bed now). Yeah, I just read your thread, you were very lucky with that £2000 and you have some very nice equipment. And of course, that's definitely fair enough. Will do. Thanks again! I still can't believe how generous you're being, thank you.

@mussonman thanks for the recommendation, after this short film and when I have some spare money I'll be sure to look into it more.

And I have tried to get a job but in my area the only place currently hiring is sainsburys, however they're looking for delivery drivers and I can't drive, so thats my dilema. However, I'm still trying and I check to see if any jobs are available every day after college. But I am very interested by your feature and your web series and I'd love to see how they turn out, will you keep me posted please?

We have the same dilemma in Ohio... the only damn jobs available are for drivers with a CDL. And yes, I can try to keep you posted

Back