60x More Resolution than HD

sfoster

Staff Member
This is predominantly a security camera, but I could imagine it for a really cool SFX shot in specific circumstances.
I also wonder how it would compare to a macro lens if you just zoomed in really far

The 120MXS is an ultra-high resolution CMOS sensor with 13280 x 9184 effective pixels(approx. 60x the resolution of Full HD). It has a size equivalent to APS-H (29.22mm x 20.20mm), and a square pixel arrangement of 2.2µm x 2.2µm with 122 million effective pixels. Ultra-high-resolution is made possible by parallel signal processing, which reads signals at high speed from multiple pixels. All pixel progressive reading of 9.4fps is made possible by 28 digital signal output channels. It is available in RGB or with twice the sensitivity, in monochrome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40yruxcr-yQ

I'm wondering what specific circumstances those would be? Like, still photos? I'm struggling to think of an application where the choppiness would be acceptable.

Hmm okay well off the top of my head.. you've got a cyborg and you show his choppy POV

There ya go :lol:

TBH I almost posted this in the lounge, but I thought it was close enough to film equipment I might as well categorize it here.

It's cool to know this tech exists and to help predict what cameras will be like in the future.

Claymation?

Funny you say that- I've been doing some claymation tests recently, and 12 fps seems a bit too unnatural.

One reason I'm asking, is that Lytro has that DSLR-ish camera that's come down in price a lot, and it does 10 fps. There are some pretty high-level technical papers online about this specific Lytro, concerning ways to hack and/or re-engineer it into a higher frame rate. It seems like those experiments aren't too successful, however.

Back