• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

scary music

Does anyone know any sites where you can get free scary music? or even better does anyone have a collection of it they would like to send me

thank you

A collection? What's that? If you want a score please post in the job section, there is a prefix for looking for musicians.

Please keep this thread related to sites for music. Thanks

A collection? What's that? If you want a score please post in the job section, there is a prefix for looking for musicians.

Please keep this thread related to sites for music. Thanks

i mean if anyone has a few scary songs themselves (on their computer, and not done by them) then they could send me them, but i don't want a score from someone..yet.

If you just want place-holder/temp music - meaning you won't be using it in your final cut - you could use music from other films, classical music, etc. That will set the general mood you want and give the composer an idea of the direction you want to go. Just don't fall into the trap of falling in love with your temp music.

I'll second SoundDogs as a good place to get tracks. You can buy by-the-cut, and entire CDs range from $30 to $100 with some nice deals on collections. You can also get sound effects the same way. I've used them for both.

Does anyone know any sites where you can get free scary music?
There's hundreds of desperate musicians who are looking to build credits for their resume. Pay 'em on the back end (if there ever is a "back end" of profits - usually not). Run an ad on CraigsList in Los Angeles and Music Connection magazine's free classifieds. Results may vary! By results I mean what these free musicians come up with. You get what you pay for.

There's hundreds of desperate musicians who are looking to build credits for their resume. Pay 'em on the back end (if there ever is a "back end" of profits - usually not). Run an ad on CraigsList in Los Angeles and Music Connection magazine's free classifieds. Results may vary! By results I mean what these free musicians come up with. You get what you pay for.

Also if you notice that are from the UK, so it seems unlikely that they'll be able to post an ad in a LA magazine.

When you are ready for a score, don't forget that there are countless of us beginning composers who are looking for work to build our portfolios!

That said, you're welcome to use a mix I did for a haunted house last year, which you can download here: http://www.mixupload.com/mixes/showdetails/23219/0/0/mixupload/panaard/Frankenhausens_Laboratory ...it's mostly remixed ambient/noise stuff I've recorded over the past 7 or 8 years as Pancreatic Aardvarks, since the haunted house gig was a last minute thing. This year, I have a couple months to compose some new music (always good when people you work with want to work with you again!). Anyway, it's about 70 minutes long, and I think some of it was pretty creepy.

Back