• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My 3 new scores.

1st one didn't load for me...

2nd one has great potential but a few times you would play an unsatisfying chord... this wouldn't take more than 2 days to fix. Also in need of some sort of bass.

3rd one was good but in a few instances the chords were a little cheesy... again, wouldn't take more than 2 days to fix.

Great work though. It might be nice to add some tubular bells to the third one.

If anyone should be interested in my film scores email me at lucask(at)centurytel(dot)net and I'll send you some samples to listen to.

Over and out.

EDIT: I just got the 1st one to work, my favorite of them all. You might want to think about longer songs and you'll want to think about adding some variation in each song. For instance, passion, the first song, you might have added a part where the strings die down and a woodwind takes over. Adding variations like that keeps the listener interested.

Again, great work!

Last edited:
You sir, beat me with miles haha:D

You need to mix it tho, make it sound big and strong by using a parametric equlizer or multiband compressor (Fruity loops tools)

I love it.

Your actually closer than you think. I'll e-mail you some tips.

EDIT: thanks for the advice by the way, though I don't have either of those tools so I have no idea what that means...

Can you tell me some more about the program you use? I have a friend who does composing through programs as well but the instruments aren't this solid. It sounds really good. The third was definitely your best and that was some good stuff.

Revolution: There are plugins, syntheziesers he needs to get. the stuff that follows the sfotware isnt that good really..

I use Fruity loops for composing.

I also bought Refx nexus with all expansions.
And EastWest's Orchestra pack.
I also got a lot of Synths like Vanguard which is for techno tho.

He should use cubase or fruity loops. Their awesome.

:::

Luke: they are plugins in fruity loops, allowing you to mix and equalize sound better, if that made any sense.

da247836f22a7ca8aa6bbb252c8644c9.gif

Back