Premiere or DaVinci Resolve ?

I always used Premiere Pro but since a moment I think I should maybe switched to Davinci (it will be free for me).
The only thing is I don't really know what are the good things and the bad things about Davinci Resolve ?:huh:

Should I switched from Premiere To DaVinci Resolve ?

Are you sick of Adobe? Switch to Resolve. Are you shooting RAW with a BMD camera? Switch to Resolve. Do you want an NLE, Audio Suite, Grading Suite and VFX in one application? Switch to Resolve.

Have you tried Resolve and like it better? Switch to Resolve

The only downside that I can find is this. I use a second small preview screen in premiere where I can watch my movie that I'm editing.
Unfortunately the only way Blackmagic Design lets you get dedicated, full screen playback on a separate monitor in Davinci Resolve 14 is by using a dedicated display device (manufactured by Blackmagic).

Thank you to all of you to answer to my question . :)

I'll give the same advice as El Director and Sweetie - give
it a try. See if you like it.

Is there a reason you are concerned about giving it a try?
Not really... I just wanted to know about what you was thinking on this software.

They only cost like $150 I think. My co-worker uses one
I looked and you have two versions: One is free and you have another one with a price of $300.

The only downside that I can find is this. I use a second small preview screen in premiere where I can watch my movie that I'm editing.
Unfortunately the only way Blackmagic Design lets you get dedicated, full screen playback on a separate monitor in Davinci Resolve 14 is by using a dedicated display device (manufactured by Blackmagic).
I was not using it like this so it will not be a big deal for me but thanks again for your help. ;)

Without knowing much about your NLE requirements, I would say Davince Resolve (plus Fusion) is a no-brainer over Premiere (plus After Effects) for the average filmmaker. Blackmagic Design have truly created a wonderful NLE alternative and the paid Studio version is also reasonably priced, especially since the 2/3rd price decease ($999 -> $299)

Adobe's products are terrific, but due to the company's pricing model, it is very budget unfriendly over the long-term. Unless if there is a specific business, workflow or colloboration reason to continue with Premiere, I would recommend giving Davinci Resolve a try.

I own the Studio version Davinci Resolve because I wanted 4K support, but otherwise I might have remained with the free version.

Without knowing much about your NLE requirements, I would say Davince Resolve (plus Fusion) is a no-brainer over Premiere (plus After Effects) for the average filmmaker. Blackmagic Design have truly created a wonderful NLE alternative and the paid Studio version is also reasonably priced, especially since the 2/3rd price decease ($999 -> $299)

Adobe's products are terrific, but due to the company's pricing model, it is very budget unfriendly over the long-term. Unless if there is a specific business, workflow or colloboration reason to continue with Premiere, I would recommend giving Davinci Resolve a try.

I own the Studio version Davinci Resolve because I wanted 4K support, but otherwise I might have remained with the free version.

Ok I will take the free version and thank you for your help.:yes:

Back