• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Are You Cereal?" - Kung-Fu Humor

Guys I just got done with a new funny Kung-Fu video check it out! If you liked the filming style, acting, or anything else think about helping me get some subscribers and more followers to get my art out there ~ Thanks for the help! :yes:

Used To Create This:
H4n, Video Rode Mic, a tripod, slider, Canon T3i, Canon 60D DSLR, 2 Work lights , 2 Soft Box Lights, a foam mattress, Motion Pulse, and the lovely Action Essentials

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCkiN4EOVI8

Cooldude Production
in association with November Winds Media
Aidan Zieres
Devyn Sands
Aspen Brower
Jeff Sanderson
Special Thanks: Johanna Bowser

Quick question. Does this seem too dull? I find the fight scene is ok, but its not impactful enough possibly. Also the humor here is ok, but could have been brought on a lot faster? Or do OI just need more dialogue that makes the characters more likable/dislikable? Thanks.

It looks great. Slide shot was awesome. Here's the thing, it seemed like the whole cereal thing was just there in order to cause the conflict for the fight. Like you wanted to film a fight scene but had to have a reason for them to fight, and then you just said let's think of something stupid. And unfortunately that is what you end up with. The fight scene is good, but it is not great and it goes on way too long. Fight scenes typically should be short especially when you have two people who clearly do not know what they are doing. I know this comes across negative, but I did enjoy it. I just don't think a fight scene can carry a short, even if that was the plan from the get go.

It looks great. Slide shot was awesome. Here's the thing, it seemed like the whole cereal thing was just there in order to cause the conflict for the fight. Like you wanted to film a fight scene but had to have a reason for them to fight, and then you just said let's think of something stupid. And unfortunately that is what you end up with. The fight scene is good, but it is not great and it goes on way too long. Fight scenes typically should be short especially when you have two people who clearly do not know what they are doing. I know this comes across negative, but I did enjoy it. I just don't think a fight scene can carry a short, even if that was the plan from the get go.

These are all really good points. I did want the cereal argument to be silly originally and not explained. The fight came in at the very end. I think It's a good idea, but I don't feel like it is flushed. I also agree the fight scene is too long. I disagree though with fight scenes not being able to carry short. I think there are multiple films in where a fight scene can carry the short, but this want it. :no:

I do really appreciate the advice and agree with a lot if not all of it.

Not bad! There were a couple moments in the fight that were done very well.

Much of it did feel a little on the slow side. I know how it can be a real struggle to get the right sense of impact across — maybe a few moments are edited a bit loose, or maybe it's just the way the choreography was. But hey! This was a good effort and I really chuckled at the hand giving the guy the frying pan from offscreen. Also nice crash zooms on the eyes!

Back