• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Seeking Low budget Horror financing.

Hey all! We have an excellent script that has just been finished. I am having a couple of my regular readers take a look at it over the next few days, but just before Xmas, I should have a final product worth sinking your teeth into.

I am budgeting right now at $25,000 dollars, up to distribution (We are shooting over the break this spring and abusing.....oops, I mean USING the fourth and third year NCSA School of Filmmaking students desperate for credits in a lot of lower crew roles.) I am DPing, and Heidi Cavanagh is Directing.

Resumes available, and before Dec. 25th, we will have polished shooting script, budget breakdown, AND a list of the potential cast and crew available. Before Jan. 9th, we plan on having a makeshift trailer to show off a little.

Email if interested. caaspro@hotmail.com or rockdub03@aol.com

John Lawson

Hate to break it to you, but you're asking a bunch of poor filmmakers for money. Hell is we had money we'd be making our own movies.

You should come up with a good business plan and proposal and start hitting up friends, family and local business folks. I hear dentist like to invest.

I've been there and done that. While in school we raised over $50,000 for two features. We formed Chapter S corporations. I hear LLCs are hot now.

Scott

LLCs are hot now, and apparently easier to set up and maintain than Subchapter S corporations (or Limited Partnerships, which were also once widely used).

Coming from a family of medical practicioners, I can vouch for the fact that doctors, in general, invest in all sorts of crazy stuff. Getting them to invest in a movie (especially to the tune of under $1K each) isn't as hard as you might think.

I don't know any dentists personally, but they're probably about the same.

I also know a preacher who has put a few hundred in a couple of different horror movies. That kind of surprised me, for some reason (both because he was a preacher and because he told me he'll only invest in horror movies. I've never hit him up for money myself. He's a kind-of relative of mine).

Thanks for the responses. But I don't know if you guys know who is reading this board.
I got four inquiries directly. Two boobers, and one maybe. The last has some cash and a daughter he wanted to get into acting. SHe looks nice in her photo. Sure she's a snot.

But, post something and see what happens.

Back