Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > The Biz > Business/Legal

Old 01-28-2019, 02:58 AM   #16
jax_rox
IndieTalk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaonabike View Post
$1,500 is waaayyy too much.
Really depends on who and what usage. What constitutes an internet commercial may be a grey area depending on what exactly you’re doing.

You should be able to get a professional VO artist for $400-600 pretty comfortably, but I couldn’t say for certain without knowing what the project and usage is.
jax_rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 01-28-2019, 04:34 AM   #17
Blade_Jones
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax_rox View Post
Really depends on who and what usage. What constitutes an internet commercial may be a grey area depending on what exactly you’re doing.

You should be able to get a professional VO artist for $400-600 pretty comfortably, but I couldn’t say for certain without knowing what the project and usage is.
Just for a YouTube video with ads, but I'm putting a lot of work into it with music and all. Trying to do a really good parody of "Life After People". I'm gonna run a casting call on NowCasting at $250 just to see if I can find a diamond in the rough. Otherwise I might just have to use my own voice. I don't have that baritone voice, but because it's a comedy Mockumentary it might still "work". I can add 1 semi tone of pitch shift without it sounding too processed. I'll get your opinions when I post a little of it.

Last edited by Blade_Jones; 01-28-2019 at 04:36 AM.
Blade_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:33 AM   #18
AcousticAl
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Jones View Post
I don't have that baritone voice, but because it's a comedy Mockumentary it might still "work".
A comedy mockumentary? Have you considered a Ron Howard/Arrested Development style read instead of baritone?
AcousticAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #19
Blade_Jones
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticAl View Post
A comedy mockumentary? Have you considered a Ron Howard/Arrested Development style read instead of baritone?
Wouldn't fit with Life After People. They used a deep done, serious voice and a British voice for other episodes.
Blade_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #20
Lurk
Basic Member

I use http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/casting-call/ for short stuff, it's free to post and you can advertise for credit only. If your advert is something that looks exciting you can get quite a few auditions to choose from just for one role.

For longer stuff I'd hire a local working actor for a day at their hourly rate to act into a microphone for me.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote