• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Your job vs. your passion.

I was fortunate enough to be involved in the creation of this project and I'm really pleased with how it turned out:

Basically, it was born out of conversations with a friend of mine on the subject of trying to eek out a living while pursuing a creative dream. In his case, the dream of being a successful musician. In my case, the dream of being a successful filmmaker.

We both work fairly gruelling, unrewarding day jobs and regularly find ourselves wondering if we'll ever achieve meaningful success within our respective art forms.

The song touches on those moments when a real sense of helplessness kicks in and to the point where you start asking yourself if it's really worth all the effort. I've never struggled with serious depression but I can definitely relate to feeling severely beaten down by life.

Anyway, please let me know what you think! We value all feedback.

(I hope it's not inappropriate to post personal projects on the same day that I joined this forum. I usually lurk on forums for a long time to get a feel for the community but we just made the video public today and I was keen to share.)

Back