films about 1 event/day told from POV of characters seperately

Hello there all,
just wondering if you lovely people may be able to help me out.
i am currently writing a script based on the events of one day in one setting,
told from the POV of several main characters, completely seperately
meaning that the audience has to wait until they have all sides of the rectangle (or something)
before they know what went down that day
i would like to know of films that have this kind of device - because the worst thing would be for the fruits of my labour to be rotten as they are the same as some script made yrs ago.
if anyone can think of any such films, then please, post them here.
i recall one with a rape, french i think it was from the 1980s, i think..........
anyway, broaden it out if needs be, say for example the characters tellings need not be completely seperate, they could be intwined, intercutting from one to another.
cheers for the help,
the grateful Zoolio,

Pulp fiction & Reservoir dogs take place mostly in a day from several characters persectives.. I mean.. you see the lead up to the day in parts.. preperations & such.. but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. Hope I was of help.

Mr.Blonde said:
Pulp fiction & Reservoir dogs .......... Hope I was of help.

yes, thankyou mr blonde :yes: , i now have those bad boys down on my list of films to re-analyse.
if anyone has any more, then please, pop them off in my face.

Mr.Blonde said:
hmmm.. maybe run lola run? Just throwing it out there.
hmmm, doesn't really fit my criteria, but an inventive choice none the less.
i need films that are told from several different POVs, intercutting OR as completely seperate stages of script, until finale.
yet i am so desperate i would even take Martha meet Daniel Frank + Lawrence (or whatever they are called).
i appreciate the throwing, don't stop, keep them coming. :yes:
always a pleasure,
zoolio

Nique Zoolio said:
films about 1 event/day told from POV of characters seperately

a film classic, and probably considered to be the Godfather of this type of storytelling...

Rashômon

sonnyboo said:
a film classic, and probably considered to be the Godfather of this type of storytelling...

Rashômon

YOU LEGEND SONNYBOO! GET IN!
i have always wanted a reason to see that film, and you have just blessed me with said desired item.
thank you very much so.
keep them coming you film gods amongst men.
the kindest of all the zools,
zoolio

Mr.Blonde said:
Hmmm.. love actually..

true, true, true.
i will try to watch that again :no:
not a big fan at all, but it will help i must admit
poor Richard Curtis, he did write one of the greatest historical comedies of all time,
then turned to Hugh Grant and God (vicar of dibley)
what a fall from grace,
cheers for help,
don't stop now mr blonde
we've only just begun,
the most sensitive of all the zools,
the almighty zoolio

Mr.Blonde said:
Ooh.. if you can get your hands on an australian film called 'blurred' that would be a great example.

it is available to buy on ebay, but being a typically tight youngster (thats me) i wonder if you would be so kind as to give me a little synopsis of it?
u can pm if u woudl prefer - is it really a good eg? is it worth the money? it seems to be about a teenage party that (presumably) goes wrong.
forgive my ignorance, but all i know about the australian film industry is ian fletcher and ian smith. Neither are in this, so i am dubious....(oh and that film about the blind photographer, but thats by the by...)
the most lonely of all the great zools,
zoolio

Yeah.. it's about a bunch a highschool kids trying to get to schoolies (it's like a party week for kids who have just graduated that's held on the gold coast) & just what happens to them along the way.. how they get there.. tests of friendship & other relationships.. it's a comedy.. but I think it's a fairly good example of what you're talking about..

Oh!! Rat race.. see rat race. Probably anything farce comedy would suit what you're talking about.

Now that I think of it Donnie Darko takes place over several days, but it has the multiperson perspective you want.

But never fear, i've thought of more -

Clerks
Elephant
Snake Eyes
(crappy movie, but a perfect example of what you want I think)

Poke

hey..clerks reminded me.. a few kevin smith movies.. they usually take place over a few days.. Dogma.. Jay & silent bob strike back.. ....yeah.. that's all I got for now.

Poke said:
Now that I think of it Donnie Darko takes place over several days, but it has the multiperson perspective you want.

But never fear, i've thought of more -

Clerks
Elephant
Snake Eyes
(crappy movie, but a perfect example of what you want I think)

Poke

cheers for the help,
right about snake eyes - on both counts
mine is about a crime,
and there are several suspects,
but their parts are more about what drives them, about their characterisation/developments
if that helps anyone think of any more
keep them coming please,
the roman numeral for infinite,
zoolio

Mr.Blonde said:
hey..clerks reminded me.. a few kevin smith movies.. they usually take place over a few days.. Dogma.. Jay & silent bob strike back.. ....yeah.. that's all I got for now.

The setting i have have a sense of no escape, it all takes part in 1 place, over 1 day.
a sense of immediacy, tension a little bit,
if that helps anyone any further,
no-one has mentioned that rape film so far
it must exist!
please say it exists......

the cat may have been curious, but surely his dexterity should get him out of any situation the former would put him?
zoolio

Back