"Official Selection" logos on poster

Apologies if this belongs somewhere else, but I felt the only one that may fit would be the film festival topic, but even this seemed not exactly appropriate.

I know that posters for films always get the "official selection...." from each festival placed on their poster. What the best way to go about this? I received the logo from one festival, and another didn't have one. Is there a template somewhere that people use, or they use the ones they receive and have a designer place a transparency of them onto the poster? I'm not an art designer, so I was curious what people usually do to their posters when accepted.

Thanks...

SonnyBoo's laurels are good. I do the cut and paste thing to reuse them over and over again. In the example below I made all the Laurels except for the Sky Fest one. This one I assembled for the back of the DVD case that I'm working on.

laurelsExample1000x.jpg

Good luck!

Looks good, thanks. I downloaded a Laurel generator which is does what I need. Do festivals care if you alter their name and order of the laurel's texts? For instance if they send you one that has their festival name abbreviated and the "official selection" on the second line, and you write the full name of the festival out and put the "official selection" on the first line like most people have it, is that frowned upon? I see posters all the time with different ways of doing so, I was curious what the general consensus among filmmakers was...

Looks good, thanks. I downloaded a Laurel generator which is does what I need. Do festivals care if you alter their name and order of the laurel's texts? For instance if they send you one that has their festival name abbreviated and the "official selection" on the second line, and you write the full name of the festival out and put the "official selection" on the first line like most people have it, is that frowned upon? I see posters all the time with different ways of doing so, I was curious what the general consensus among filmmakers was...

Except for the Sky Fest text, I did the text in all of them. Festivals won't care because what you're doing is helping publicize their festivals. Most fests aren't going to send you laurels -- they don't have the time to do it.

I varied the order a bit so they wouldn't all look exactly the same. The font I used is Ariel.

I wouldn't worry about what other filmmakers think but, rather, consider your festival acceptance as a marketing tool and squeeze as much PR mileage as you can out of it by any means necessary. Not all filmmakers put the same effort into marketing their films as making it, so you're already headed down the right track in wanting to make your own laurels. As long as the info presented is factually correct and you're not misrepresenting festivals (ie: Claiming acceptance into Cannes when you actually got into the smaller one), you're good to go.

Good luck.

Back