"And what do YOU want for Christmas, little boy?"

It's just that: If there was one, two, or three pieces of gear you could have on a Christmas list, what would they be?

1. Arriflex

2. underwater housings.

3. Phantom.

The Arriflex would be nice, but then you would have to pay to use it. :)

1. A bad ass editing set up (specific, I know)
2. Lots of money.
3. more money

1. Our new series to come out well.
2. Everybody to actually show up for filming.
3. None of the extras to flick off the camera in a good take because they get like that.

I want/hope to get:

1.) iPad- Not movie related, but still awesome! I saw someone use one as a clapper board so I guess that's how it ties in to movie gear.

2.) Audio Equipment aka Rode NTG + Zoom H4N

3.) Don't really have a third thing. My birthday's quite soon as well, so I need to keep some ideas in reserve. Santa is a close personal friend so he does deliveries for my birthday as well...

I'd love a Mac computer and Final Cut Pro. But that all amounts to like 2000 quid... :P

2. Everybody to actually show up for filming.

I feel your pain. I dealt with that, plenty (and I think most of us have). The flakiness decreases, over time. As you get better, and people start taking what you're doing more seriously, and you do a better job finding people to work with that also take it seriously, eventually, you'll be able to expect everyone to show up. Stick with it.

3. None of the extras to flick off the camera in a good take because they get like that.

Ouch. That's rough. That person should be permanently revoked of their friendship, if they ever had one. I would be really insulted by that. That's not funny.

Back