announcement Three year free Premiere Membership contest

Since we here at Indietalk are really our own little cyber Hollywood, I thought this would be a fitting design.

indietalk.jpg

Everything but the font was hand drawn or rendered in photoshop :)

thats pretty dam cool. right there you should get a 1 year membership. ii should get a 1 year too .. just because...

Thanks, guys. Glad you like it :)

I have all the layers separate still, I think it could be cool as an animation, but I wasn't sure what file type to use.

It could also work doing a more photorealistic version in a noir-style, high-contrasty, black and white version. Probably at a sharper angle, I'm thinking. I'm brainstorming how to go about it exactly, I'll post it up when I've got it right :)

Dready's concept is a terrific idea. I'll be frank, and of course I don't intend this as an insult, but it's aesthetic could use a little polishing.

I have friends. Friends who have recently graduated, with degrees in graphics design. Friends who are trying to start careers in graphics design. Friends who might put in some really quality work for less than they are worth. It's just a thought.

Just for fun I made this. Not sure if there would be any application for it, but it was great practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEXweyYpOXk
Still processing so the quality should improve, soon.

I'm having a blast turning it into a dark spooky version of that animation. Lightning bolts, the works. God, I love videocopilot :D :yes:

I may be a newb and thirteen, but I might as well try! I was messing around in illustrator and photoshop and came up with this:
indietalklogo.jpg

Also, I vote for dreadlockys! It is amazing!

re

Dreadylocks like your graphics but maybe turn it into flash animation and have the latters flash around. Like the letters are lights that are out at spots and then randomly light up. Just an idea. You could make it look like night insead of day maybe or just darker. Not sure. But just an idea.

38953_1440281818346_1572084592_1006046_7560666_n.jpg

Here is my first try for a header design. Not sure if you wanted just a logo or a header. My first try using photoshop. I downloaded the trial version and designed this.

Okay, stop. Everybody stop. There are a lot of really creative minds on here, and that's why I love this place. But let's recognize what we're good at, and maybe admit that we should look elsewhere for certain things.

The owner of the website below is doing work far beyond what any of us are capable of. Although, I do stand by my proposed logo -- you have to admit it's pretty sweet.

Anyway, I don't know what's wrong with her website, it's kinda jacked up. But if you look at the images in her portfolio, they speak for themselves. As sweet as Dready's idea is, none of the proposed images here have looked anything even remotely as professional as what my friend is doing.

And here's the thing -- there are PLENTY of people doing work as good as my friend, and they are eager to do it. College campuses -- that's where you shop projects like this.

I'm not trying to get a job for my friend. She's doing just fine on her own. I'm saying that this forum is the wrong place to get this project done.

It won't cost hundreds of dollars. It can be done for a very nominal fee.

I got five on it.

http://www.kpgrafica.com/index.php?/home/

Well if you looking to hire some one. Here is a guy that did some website graphic work for my sites before. The prices are cheap too and pretty nice. He may be able to come up with something good. http://www.infovictory.com/

I just thought it was fun trying to design a header. I was thinking of trying to figure out how do a flash header that was animated too.

Last edited:
References are good, I've had bad luck using CL.

Back