• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch All Tied Up: Short Comedy Film

Short Film : All Tied Up
Year of production : 2011
Genre: Comedy/ Action
Cast: Ant Richardson, Callum Thomson, Daniel Kenyon
Director: Ant Richardson, Callum Thomson
Writer: Callum Thomson
Music: Kevin MacLeod

Synopsis: A man finds his flat mate tied up and gagged in a cupboard with the robbers still in side the house. Instead of calling the police he decides to deal with the thieves himself.

Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ownjBRTOduc

Like Us on
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fearlessfreakproductions
Twitter: @_FearlessFreak

Feedback always appreciated

Well, it's a good idea. But you've missed a lot of opportunities (in every single shot) to make it funnier.

It seemed to rely pretty heavily on the script to get the work done, with the acting taking back seat. The dialogue though... it didn't really have much to it. It was very simplistic (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), and it kept it... very passive. Not sure if that's the right word to use.

I can understand kinglis' opinion - it was kept very basic there were a few things you could have added to make it funnier, but you played it safe at every turn. Nevertheless, I quite enjoyed it anyway, it's better than a lot of the comedy shorts I've seen around, but there was quite a lot of missed opportunities that really come down to personal preference, I guess. The audio quality wasn't too bad either, and stayed fairly consistent, with just a few quirks now and again.

Nice work though, in particular I like the shot where the guy creeps around the corner to look into the kitchen :)

That's some quality feedback, thanks very much. I'll make note for next time.

The things is I'm a writer/ film-maker and not necessarily an actor. Which is probably why it seems like I write better than I act.

We did want to keep it short, sweet and simple on purpose.

P.s. I'm the guy creeping round the corner

Back