• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Call for Entries - Rome Int's Film Fest

Call for entries for the Rome International Film Festival. You've heard it before - looking for edgy, truly indie films etc. Check out the site and decide for yourself if this fest is for you. Go to www.riff.tv and you can submit there or at www.withoutabox.com

Thanks filmmakers.

:lol: No offence meant, you have to be English to realise why I'm currently on the floor weeping with laughter :lol:

OK, Here we go again... these people join up and post this (come to my fest, YIPPEE) stuff but never tell you anything about it, Like the PRICE :no: Will they ever learn? Have they even read any of the other posts? It's a joke :lol:
So I'll do what the RIFFer didn't do and post his prices for his event so here is his stuff:

Deadlines & Materials
If your film is selected, you should (if possible) provide the following by:

August 15, 2005:

Press kits, including photos (2 or more kits)
Posters / Postcards and other available publicity material
By August 22, 2005:

The screening copy in the format checked. f video, tapes MUST be in the NTSC format. 35mm prints must be sent to be screened if it is what you checked..
Festival Fees:

On-time fees per entry: (Competition categories)
1 second to 10 minutes: $10
10 to 20 minutes: $20
21 to 45 minutes: $30
Over 45 minutes: $50

One money order per entrant should be made out to: The RIFF. Non-US entry fees should be paid in the form of certified bank checks, travelers checks, or US cash.
Deadline: The Deadline is a POSTMARK of May 30, 2005. Submissions arriving after the late deadline will be accepted for competition at our sole discretion.
Refunds: There will be no refunds of entry fees.
Official Selections and Awardees are chosen by the festival organizers and audience polling.

Please keep us appraised of any changes to your e-mail address. If your work is accepted for jury selection you, the entrant, will be responsible for delivering your exhibition print or video to the festival address or directly to the festival. If you have indicated that your work is in 35mm format and it is accepted, you must deliver this format to the Festival. Any other format will cause your not to be exhibited. Your submission is an acknowledgement that the Festival its agents or trustees, cannot be held responsible for damage or loss resulting from public exhibition or return mail or any other possible unforeseen circumstances.

Refunds:
There are no refunds.

Deadlines:
Entry tape must be postmarked by May 30, 2005.

Mailing Instructions:

Please include all of the following with your submission:

Your completed entry form.
An NTSC or PAL VHS videocassette.
A reproducible photo or still from the film or video.
Synopsis of the film and a brief anecdote from your experience on the production.
Bios of Director, producer and cast (optional)
The applicable fees in cash, check or money order

:weird:

CootDog said:
OK, Here we go again... these people join up and post this (come to my fest, YIPPEE) stuff but never tell you anything about it, Like the PRICE...So I'll do what the RIFFer didn't do and post his prices for his event so here is his stuff:

That's why they usually provide a link to the website. It is not a policy of Indie Talk that members read other posts before or after they post anything. If a rep from a film fest comes on here and posts about their fest, this is not frowned upon. It's the whole reason we have Festival Talk and Call For Entries threads, to get film fests to post about upcoming events. It would be nice if the reps stick around to answer any questions, but give them a chance before you mock and belittle them.

I'm sorry Coot, but I am having trouble figuring out why you seem so upset about this thread. From the info you posted, this fest seems not that different than any other fest as far as submission guidlines go. So I don't know if you think it's a scam or not.

CootDog said:
Will they ever learn? Have they even read any of the other posts? It's a joke :lol:

This line in particular gets me. What is the joke? This is a film fest requesting entries, what is wrong with the way it was done.

I just don't get the anger.

Poke

Ahh... Rome Georgia, here I thought it was Rome, Italy. :)

Good luck with your festival! I'd submit something, but don't have anything ready for the fests yet.. hopefully next year.

Ahh... Rome Georgia, here I thought it was Rome, Italy.

But the thing that killed me was Barry Norman is the best know film critic in the UK, so the idea of Barry Norman running a film festival in Rome is very exciting, whereas Barry Norman running a film festival in Rome just isn't the same, if you see what I mean. :lol:

Poke said:
That's why they usually provide a link to the website. It is not a policy of Indie Talk that members read other posts before or after they post anything. If a rep from a film fest comes on here and posts about their fest, this is not frowned upon. It's the whole reason we have Festival Talk and Call For Entries threads, to get film fests to post about upcoming events. It would be nice if the reps stick around to answer any questions, but give them a chance before you mock and belittle them.

I'm sorry Coot, but I am having trouble figuring out why you seem so upset about this thread. From the info you posted, this fest seems not that different than any other fest as far as submission guidlines go. So I don't know if you think it's a scam or not.

This line in particular gets me. What is the joke? This is a film fest requesting entries, what is wrong with the way it was done.

I just don't get the anger.

Poke

Exactly! I invited Barry to join, and this is his first post. What happened to the warm welcomes?

:welcome: Barry!

clive said:
But the thing that killed me was Barry Norman is the best know film critic in the UK, so the idea of Barry Norman running a film festival in Rome is very exciting, whereas Barry Norman running a film festival in Rome just isn't the same, if you see what I mean. :lol:

I know all about English Barry Norman. After the BBC sacked him, I wrote them and suggested that hire me as they would save money since they wouldn't have to change the fonts.

CootDog said:
OK, Here we go again... these people join up and post this (come to my fest, YIPPEE) stuff but never tell you anything about it, Like the PRICE :no: Will they ever learn? Have they even read any of the other posts? It's a joke :lol:
So I'll do what the RIFFer didn't do and post his prices for his event so here is his stuff:

Deadlines & Materials
If your film is selected, you should (if possible) provide the following by:

August 15, 2005:

Press kits, including photos (2 or more kits)
Posters / Postcards and other available publicity material
By August 22, 2005:

The screening copy in the format checked. f video, tapes MUST be in the NTSC format. 35mm prints must be sent to be screened if it is what you checked..
Festival Fees:

On-time fees per entry: (Competition categories)
1 second to 10 minutes: $10
10 to 20 minutes: $20
21 to 45 minutes: $30
Over 45 minutes: $50

One money order per entrant should be made out to: The RIFF. Non-US entry fees should be paid in the form of certified bank checks, travelers checks, or US cash.
Deadline: The Deadline is a POSTMARK of May 30, 2005. Submissions arriving after the late deadline will be accepted for competition at our sole discretion.
Refunds: There will be no refunds of entry fees.
Official Selections and Awardees are chosen by the festival organizers and audience polling.

Please keep us appraised of any changes to your e-mail address. If your work is accepted for jury selection you, the entrant, will be responsible for delivering your exhibition print or video to the festival address or directly to the festival. If you have indicated that your work is in 35mm format and it is accepted, you must deliver this format to the Festival. Any other format will cause your not to be exhibited. Your submission is an acknowledgement that the Festival its agents or trustees, cannot be held responsible for damage or loss resulting from public exhibition or return mail or any other possible unforeseen circumstances.

Refunds:
There are no refunds.

Deadlines:
Entry tape must be postmarked by May 30, 2005.

Mailing Instructions:

Please include all of the following with your submission:

Your completed entry form.
An NTSC or PAL VHS videocassette.
A reproducible photo or still from the film or video.
Synopsis of the film and a brief anecdote from your experience on the production.
Bios of Director, producer and cast (optional)
The applicable fees in cash, check or money order

:weird:

Hi Cootdog. You make a very good point and I am much obliged that you added the information that I didn't.

Riffboss

It gives me great pleasure to invite Barry Norman to the forum :welcome:

Sorry I didn't do it straight off the mark, just got thrown by the whole name thing. :blush:

ok y'all.. I was totally wrong and apologize to RIFFboss about my not so warm welcome. I was definitely out of line. I guess it was just a bad day.

Needless to say.

:welcome: RIFFboss

and again, sorry for my misbehavior :cry: :mope:

Rome International Film Festival

Zensteve said:
Any film-fest which has Krispy Kreme as a sponsor is welcome, for sure. :evil:

...And MoonPie and Starburst Fruit Chews and Red Bull - we are the sugar festival, that's for sure.
And nobody has anything to apologize for. I'm in the business where I, unfortunately, have to say no to more people than I say yes to - most are undesering of that no. So I understand that this carries a certain vitriol against film festivals. I don't take it personally. But thanks for the welcome, "y'all."

Back