• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Music Video Challenge

A3F Music Video Challenge

We provide the songs, YOU choose your challenge! The coolest event of Summer 2008 has arrived! We have seven of the hottest bands and music artists from Arizona, Los Angeles and Nashville -- now it's up to you to create the award-winning music video that will make you Almost Famous!

Cash prizes, world-wild fame through our screening platform on Vuze.com and so much more. This is the challenge you have been waiting for...no rules! no props! no line of dialogue! Pure filmmaking freedom! Sign up now!

For more information or to register your team, visit www.theA3F.net

natalie_banner.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no the bands are not available as we are hoping for 50+ teams to enter the challenge by the deadline so it would make it impossible to involve the bands. However, if you create something that a particular band likes, there's always the opportunity they hire you to make a new video with them on a paid project.

But the fun and challenge of this event is to really conceive a story around the lyrics and make the best video you can. You will receive lots of promotion and possible prize money as well. All videos screen on Vuze.com which has 4 million plus active users!

Thanks, Jae
Director, A3F

It would be cool if we had access to the band, but since I'm on the East coast, that may not be practical for me. I am kind of excited about having a good music track to use as the basis for a creative piece, though. It seems like the band/artist would like it more, if they were featured in the video, somehow.

Oakstreet,

Yes, it would be cool to have the bands involved but again for a national or worldwide event like this there's no way to do this logistically or expense-wise. However, the 7 songs we selected are all very narrative and lend themselves to a great visual story. So in that regard you will have no trouble creating a great story/video to go along with the song of your choice.

I am a filmmaker myself and entered a Yellowcard Music Video contest on Ifilm a few years back and there were over 200 submissions and they had the same framework for their challenge. The really good videos that won were the ones that did not do kareoke or put themselves as the band members, but just took the words in the songs and made a great story out of them. So it's a challenge on the filmmaker's part but a good one!

And we are a nonprofit organization so not trying to profit or make money from this, just trying to give everyone some exposure through a cool, new event!

Hope you consider entering, Jae
Director, Almost Famous Film Festival

Thanks, statman. I wasn't really asking for access to the band, I was just commenting that it would be nice. I'm happy with a good, narrative song. I'm definitely going to check out the competition. Thanks for taking time to respond.

Doug

Back