• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

So... This is what I've been working on.

I wasn't sure whether this counts as promotion or not because I'm only really looking for your opinions and feedback etc.

But the producer has asked me to post this around as he is attempting to get some crowd funding for distribution at the moment - so I suppose it's a bit of both.

Anyway, the clip is a preview of a feature film (Strings) that I've been working on this summer, I wore a number of hats on this production - as we had a tiny crew. I suppose I'm most proud of the work I did as focus puller the week we hired the dolly - look out for the shot of the fire, concert scene and the final pull-out (they contain my focus pulling skills)

All feedback welcome

http://vimeo.com/15035370

Thanks in advance,
SMITH

Last edited:
Looks good Smith, some nice shots in there.

I wouldn’t have minded if were a bit shorter and communicated a
little of what the film is about in overview, but I also like it as it is.
(The quality and overall feel made me want to know more.)

I’d be interested in seeing a trailer when you get one worked up.

-Thanks-

Thanks Buddy,

I think the shallow focus that our kit allowed us to achieve is what makes it stand out for me.

Yeah I agree with you there - although, obviously it's not really my decision as I was just working with the cinematographer (who is also the director and editor)

Glad you like the quality and feel and yeah, I'll post the trailer when it's cut together.

keep it coming please guys,

Thanks,
SMITH

I agree about needing more info. Also,IMO, the music could use some subtle steel guitar. Really set that mood. Just a thought.

haha - yeah I realise that, it's intended to showcase the cinematography really - as a teaser... but yeah I agree, it's a teaser at a trailer's length...

I think it would be cool for the director/editor to:

1st Edit it for story defining (explaining) cohesiveness.
2nd Shoot the artist doing the song in 1 location simple music video style.
3rd Cut the two together so the length and look combine to act both as teaser and music video.

-Thanks-

Back